Citric Acid for Powdery?

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey everbody was wondering if anyone has tried Citric acid as a PM wash or prevenative. There are OMRI listed products that contain 5% citric and are used as a fungicide. Just interested to find out how effective this is.
On a side note and the real reason I am posting is because I have some at 1.35% citric for this exact purpose. I will use this in the hopes that it will do as labeled. I will let everyone know about this on this thread.

Any info here from other users will be welcomed.

Peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

I am a little suprised that not a person here has an info.
So I will share my experience. Over the last week or so I have been using a citric product, less than 2% citric. It will kill on contact, not just the spore but the mildew within the plant. I think this is a very good alternative to throwing away contaminated herb. Does an ok job of washing the PM off the plant, not as good a alcohol. I feel just fine about spraying with something as innocuous as citric acid all over the plant. Not having to worry about residues or toxins on a flower allows one to be very thorough in the spraying. Keep it at bay for another few days.
Hope this info is a help to someone out there.

Peace

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

I cant see any sense to this because alkaline washes kill PM not acidic. Skim milk works wonders to kill off the pm but you need to alternate with fresh alkaline water or the skim milk will dry out and start to look like pm too and you wont be able to tell the difference.

O

oldschooltofu

makes sense since i have heard lemon water mixed 1:1, 2:1, or 3:1 will work.

Madbud

Madbud

I used 2% Milk and water on my roses, gone. Think the enzymes in milk eat it.

O

Oly Grow

I am a little suprised that not a person here has an info.
So I will share my experience. Over the last week or so I have been using a citric product, less than 2% citric. It will kill on contact, not just the spore but the mildew within the plant. I think this is a very good alternative to throwing away contaminated herb. Does an ok job of washing the PM off the plant, not as good a alcohol. I feel just fine about spraying with something as innocuous as citric acid all over the plant. Not having to worry about residues or toxins on a flower allows one to be very thorough in the spraying. Keep it at bay for another few days.
Hope this info is a help to someone out there.

Peace

Citric acid is the main ingredient in Nuke em I have had excellent results with this product and it contains yeast as well. It kills about everything. Works as a great harvest day dip as well dip branch let stand air dry and then dip in plain water and let dry.

O

Oly Grow

Also use it throughout your gro not just the last day. It will help control.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Eagle 20 is a systemic.
It leaves traces all the way to flower.
So, not an option for a medical grow.
That said, I asked about PM and was told that Procid works. Bought some and found it to be effective, if expensive.
So, I read the label.
0.081% Citric acid. The other 99.919% is distilled water.
So, I bought a couple pounds of food grade, citric acid,
Should last me 50 years, :)
Did more research. Turns out that PM wants a narrow PH range to spore. Anything that raises, or lowers the surface PH will do.
Potassium bicarbonate also works well and is also dirt cheap. Sodium Bicarb also works but can drip to the soil and add too much sodium.
They do need re-application every week or so or the PM begins to bloom again.
We are only inhibiting the blooms with this PH trick and it is not perfect. I can usually still find some blotches inside the buds.
So, when I harvest, I trim immediately and immerse the buds in 3% H2O2 in a large jar at room temperature.
Then I shake the shit out of it.
No worry, be brutal. You won't lose resin as long as the liquid is room temperature.
I've put buds under a microscope before and after. Trichs still capped, but PM gone.
Whip the excess moisture off and hang them to dry, if done in the a.m., they will be dry enough by dusk to hang indoors.

Aloha,
Weeze

K

Knight

Hey everbody was wondering if anyone has tried Citric acid as a PM wash or prevenative. There are OMRI listed products that contain 5% citric and are used as a fungicide. Just interested to find out how effective this is.
On a side note and the real reason I am posting is because I have some at 1.35% citric for this exact purpose. I will use this in the hopes that it will do as labeled. I will let everyone know about this on this thread.

I am trying Earths Ally Disease Control from Lowes. It contains Citric Acid, Lactose, etc.. I tried it on some flowers that were white with PM and it cleared them up. I sprayed the plants, but it needs to stop raining to see if it worked. Directions say to spray top and bottom of leaves, stems. Note, PM thrives in 70 to 80 degree dry weather.

Judaz

Judaz

Stay away from eagle 20 it’s poison. I stopped using it along time ago. And all those other organic things mentioned don’t work either. You’ll be fighting pm forever. Sulfur burners work great to coat your leaves. Do it in veg amd in the first few weeks of flowering. But there is a spray that coats the leaves as well and better than sulfur. The best organic method to fight pm is a product called grow safe. It’s also the best product to get rid of mites. Mites and pm. Works best on mites. You can spray during flowering too. But there is a secrete additive that you can only use in veg or during the first couple weeks of flower. I usually use it once during veg and once during early flower. And I don’t even need to use grow safe later. And it works great on og kush. You won’t get pm if you control the environment of course. The secrete product is called flint. Be careful though it’s super strong. Some strains handle it better then others. But what it can do is eat through some of your leaves and you’ll be scratching your head thinking you may have caterpillars 😂 but don’t worry plants bounce back quick and won’t get pm afterwards. Do not use flint on flowers. If you need to spray flowers use a light dosage of grow safe. I tried flint once on my flowers and the next day all the hairs turned orange. You will all thank me after this. Flint is the best.

FE82F687 17A7 4CF8 AF4C 14AC171ADD36
5D448782 B63E 4B20 B29F 798E880F0F3F

K

Knight

I am trying Earths Ally Disease Control from Lowes. It contains Citric Acid, Lactose, etc.. I tried it on some flowers that were white with PM and it cleared them up. I sprayed the plants, but it needs to stop raining to see if it worked. Directions say to spray top and bottom of leaves, stems. Note, PM thrives in 70 to 80 degree dry weather.
I sparyed tops of leaves, it worked. I did a follow up spray a week later with some more showing. I did not spray the bottom of leaves. Following week I saw a streak on a leaf where another leaf was resting on it. I sprayed 3rd time top and bottom. All is good now.

Z

Zatoichi

Eagle 20 is a systemic.
It leaves traces all the way to flower.
So, not an option for a medical grow.
That said, I asked about PM and was told that Procid works. Bought some and found it to be effective, if expensive.
So, I read the label.
0.081% Citric acid. The other 99.919% is distilled water.
So, I bought a couple pounds of food grade, citric acid,
Should last me 50 years, :)
Did more research. Turns out that PM wants a narrow PH range to spore. Anything that raises, or lowers the surface PH will do.
Potassium bicarbonate also works well and is also dirt cheap. Sodium Bicarb also works but can drip to the soil and add too much sodium.
They do need re-application every week or so or the PM begins to bloom again.
We are only inhibiting the blooms with this PH trick and it is not perfect. I can usually still find some blotches inside the buds.
So, when I harvest, I trim immediately and immerse the buds in 3% H2O2 in a large jar at room temperature.
Then I shake the shit out of it.
No worry, be brutal. You won't lose resin as long as the liquid is room temperature.
I've put buds under a microscope before and after. Trichs still capped, but PM gone.
Whip the excess moisture off and hang them to dry, if done in the a.m., they will be dry enough by dusk to hang indoors.

Aloha,
Weeze
This is old post but myclobutanol becomes hydrogen chloride and hydrogen cyanide when heated, both poisons and reason for people getting sick from bootleg vape cartridges.

K

Knight

Peace
I used some last season. It does work. But you must spray 100 percent of plant. Top and bottom of leaves, stems. This coming season I will use again this time being more precise in the treatment. I did wash a plant with it at harvest and results were good. I used Earths Ally brand from Lowes.

Top Bottom