City Inspections On Rental Property's

• Thread starter lollipopman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lollipopman

lollipopman

Just found out my city does a annual house inspection for rental property's due by nov 30 each year.
This is not the owner but the city. Does anyone know what they inspect? Are they allowed in the basement since it's my grow? Really just need more info on this city ordinance inspection!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

What city?Usually they just check for code violations outside the home but who knows?I have a rental in a city that just implemented a mandatory crime free rental program(guess who pays for that?Me of course)it requires the sheriffs dept to background check everyone in the home and then they have to sign a crime free addendum,if caught in violation they fine the landlord 350 a day til their evicted?rediculous,ill be selling it next year.Fuck the government.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Never heard of an annual city inspection. Ever.
What city?Usually they just check for code violations outside the home but who knows?I have a rental in a city that just implemented a mandatory crime free rental program(guess who pays for that?Me of course)it requires the sheriffs dept to background check everyone in the home and then they have to sign a crime free addendum,if caught in violation they fine the landlord 350 a day til their evicted?rediculous,ill be selling it next year.Fuck the government.
Heard about that in Saginaw

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Just found out my city does a annual house inspection for rental property's due by nov 30 each year.
This is not the owner but the city. Does anyone know what they inspect? Are they allowed in the basement since it's my grow? Really just need more info on this city ordinance inspection!

They will be looking for things like smoke alarms and blocked fire exits, but just might want to look in the basement.
Just in case, you can rent a uhaul trailer, move your girls to it and padlock it for inspection day.
It would be a good idea to google inspection criteria for your city.

One Flip

One Flip

Wow, thats crazy.. I never heard of anything like this or City inspections.. Seems like an invasion of privacy.. you would think the tenants would have to be suspected of a crime or the officials needed probable cause to enter..

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Fuck yes they want to see everything and thats going to be the basement to see if power meter or water meters are by passed along with the Furnace and other things, Move them out before they come into look, Probably notify local pigs when they come across grows..

lollipopman

lollipopman

@fishwhistle , that's crazy how can they even do that. That's gotta be some kind of civil rights violation.

I'm in mount clemens.

This is crazy, looks like I'll be moving shit at night . Just sucks cause I gotta tear down what I just built. Glad I made everything to be torn down and not leave a trace..

I can't believe they do this. I guess it stops slumlords..

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Ya I just got ratted out last week by the jackass sprinkler blow out guy! Day later the rental company called to do a walk through. Huge pain in the ass to move my grow.

lollipopman

lollipopman

Ya I just got ratted out last week by the jackass sprinkler blow out guy! Day later the rental company called to do a walk through. Huge pain in the ass to move my grow.
Damn that sucks, just hope I get a 48 hour notice. Going to be a pain moving these mofos , my plants have a 6' spread on them

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Damn that sucks, just hope I get a 48 hour notice. Going to be a pain moving these mofos , my plants have a 6' spread on them View attachment 546330
Haha yes! And for some reason they gave me 6 days notice lol. Had to move 5 4x4 trays and harvest two. It was a god damn nightmare. A lot of stress on me and the plants. But there doing better now. And we haven't heard back from the landlord so I'm starting some more plants here.

One Flip

One Flip

are you sure they dont mean annual tax assessment?
Ive seen where auditors will want to snap a few pics after a house sells to make sure they have an accurate tax assessed value. I still can't believe they would have the right to come in an assess whether or not there is a crime being committed in a rental.. Your house must be in that Chicago or Baltimore war zone i keep seeing on the news lol.. or maybe your landlord suspects something so it's probably better to be safer than sorry.

Squeeze the branches together a little bit and wrap with some string like they wrap Christmas trees.. And then you can put a few stakes around the perimeter and put a garbage bag over he top.. Or if you have to really be discreet you can throw them in a large Home Depot box and then keep the flaps up on the bottom box.. And then take another large box and put it upside down over the top (if that makes sense). You can easily move 5 ft tall plants this way. Good luck.

lollipopman

lollipopman

It's a city ordinance @One Flip done every year. Sounds so crazy but here it is

One Flip

One Flip

It's a city ordinance @One Flip done every year. Sounds so crazy but here it is
Wow. I read that entire ordinance. Thanks for posting that up. That seems so crazy to me as it was established in 1990. I've never even heard of anything like that and my back ground is in construction & real estate.. That was definitely an interesting read!

greenjoe

greenjoe

i just had a inspection for tax evaluation.......1st one in 17 years....she went in the basement...asked if any new renovations were done.i said no....and she left...beauty....as i could easily hear the vent fans going...thanking the ganja gods for putting in the new filter...and as a back up i fried onions and garlic before they came....

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

looks like sterling heights and Shelby is the place to rent w/o inspections. im in the market for a new rental grow location as well.

lollipopman

lollipopman

looks like sterling heights and Shelby is the place to rent w/o inspections. im in the market for a new rental grow location as well.
That was my first place I was looking at to rent but it's almost double than mc. I'm over in sterling almost everyday

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

@fishwhistle , that's crazy how can they even do that. That's gotta be some kind of civil rights violation.

I'm in mount clemens.

This is crazy, looks like I'll be moving shit at night . Just sucks cause I gotta tear down what I just built. Glad I made everything to be torn down and not leave a trace..

I can't believe they do this. I guess it stops slumlords..

Yeah alot of people cant beleive the shit they can do,people tried to fight it but in the end they got their way AGAINST the will of the people.They just did the final vote a few weeks back.Im glad i dont live in this town and soon i wont own property their either,fuck them.
http://www.vvdailypress.com/article/20150507/NEWS/150509819
The articles from may but they just completed the final process a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom