City of Long Beach shuts down all LB dispensaries

• Thread starter 420Meds4Vets
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420Meds4Vets

I just heard, yesterday, that the City of Long Beach has shut down all of the LB dispensaries, some are gathering signatures for petitions and some plan to sue.

FYI...

Reactions: mal

420Meds4Vets

I don't dabble in conspiracy theory and I haven't heard an official explanation yet, sorry.

420Meds4Vets

Yeah...

That must be it; they closed them down to make sure that politicians are rich enough, in their unmarked envelopes, to afford Phish tickets, as a precaution.

Wow...still wonder why it's not legal yet? :D

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah...

That must be it; they closed them down to make sure that politicians are rich enough, in their unmarked envelopes, to afford Phish tickets, as a precaution.

Wow...still wonder why it's not legal yet? :D
I have no idea if the clubs down there are open or not, I was responding to what you typed.
But your living in a bubble if you think the local politicians don't have any force from another arena to close those clubs. And, have you checked the average income of congress & other politicians?? It's staggering, they make millions and don't do much but make sure Chevron and the like don't pay fines and continue to rake it in.
They obviously didn't close the clubs just to pay the politicians. They don't want the people having access obviously and as a means of getting the clubs closed you better believe that somebody on that board had another interest and it might have been $$$.

It's not legal yet because your govt won't allow it, the people voted it through for the state, why don't they respect the peoples' votes??

420Meds4Vets

treebark: Thanks, that was what I had found too. I haven't heard the reason(s) yet but I'm sure more info will come.

baba:
Conspiracy theory is the fodder of fools and the gullible, I prefer to deal in truth and fact.

Of course the Federal government hasn't allowed it, do you know why? Look in a mirror, our own community is our own worst enemy. The hate, paranoia and idiocy turns off the people we want and need to order to change their hearts and minds.

The truth hurts sometimes but it's always the truth....

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
So now it's because growers have the characteristics or attributes that the public has termed as "stoney" and that's why it isn't legal.
I don't think our community is the worst enemy, I think the fact that cannabis functions the way it does on the human brain is the reason it's not legal.

But yeah the truth totally hurts, show me the facts to back your truth and maybe I'll consider it. I'll remain a fool in the meantime.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
treebark: Thanks, that was what I had found too. I haven't heard the reason(s) yet but I'm sure more info will come.

baba:
Conspiracy theory is the fodder of fools and the gullible, I prefer to deal in truth and fact.

Of course the Federal government hasn't allowed it, do you know why? Look in a mirror, our own community is our own worst enemy. The hate, paranoia and idiocy turns off the people we want and need to order to change their hearts and minds.

The truth hurts sometimes but it's always the truth....
Is it my inability to distil what your saying Or are you calling the community hateful, paranoid and idiotic!!?? Paranoia because of the legality of it might be that reason and hateful? Many people are hateful, regardless of their cannabis use.

420Meds4Vets

That's exactly why but not just the "hippy/stoner" stereotype. As I said, the hate, paranoia and idiocy drive away people that we need and might be swayed by logical arguments if they weren't dealing with people in our own community acting like jerks. Look in a mirror (or thousands of posts on this site alone) there's your facts.

Since you're not in SoCal and don't use the LB shops, would you mind not trolling here? There's no reason to hijack a LB thread if you're not here. If you want to start a conspiracy theory thread, you're free to do so. Thanks!

(since you posted while I was composing)
EDIT: Obviously, you still don't get it, you might think the way people act here is justified but it still turns off the people we need to change their hearts and minds if we want the laws changed sooner rather than later.

What do you think the LB City council would think about reconsidering their decision to shut down the shops if they came here and read about how you think they're doing it to line their own pockets, potentially illegally? I'll tell you what they might think, they'll think "fuck these angry paranoid idiots, evidently we were right to shut them down, they're just not sane."

Of course they're not right to shut the shops down and hurt the patients but the "attitude" thrown around in sites like theses doesn't help our cause with those that are against us, they're only "preaching to the choir" and we already have that side in our camp.

Hope that helps...

420Meds4Vets

Troll elsewhere, you're blind to the truth and you want to argue semantics, this isn't a court of law and you have the facts, you just want to ignore them because you don't like them. Where are your "facts" about the "unmarked envelopes?"

Now go away like you said you would...

420Meds4Vets

sounds like prices are going up! lol
I'm sure that's right but even if the prices stay the same, delivery services and street dealers are going to make bank from increased volume.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I don't dabble in conspiracy theory and I haven't heard an official explanation yet, sorry.
Is it conspiracy theory that a couple city councilman in the city of cudahy are indicted right now for taking cash bribes from dispensary owners?Do you think that has never happened or couldnt in any other city?Is it possible that those who the dispensaries are hurting financially like drug companies,liquor companies or cartels wouldnt stoop to bribing a politician to eliminate the competition?Basically thats what lobbyists do right?Slip them the envelope or the free all expense paid hawaiian vacation so budweiser or big tobacco doesnt get seen doing it?Elected officials take an oath to uphold the laws of the state,last time i checked the people in our state voted to allow medical use of marijuana yet the cities/counties(politicians)throw up every roadblock imaginable to STOP people from getting it?So are they truly enforcing the will of the people or just doing whatever they want and putting a few bucks in their pocket while doing it?I am no friend of MOST dispensaries but some like avalon did it right,spent 100,000 plus complying,were compassionate and jumped through every hoop the city wanted to comply and still got screwed,There is a shitload more to this story than is being told.Personally i hope they sue the shit out of LBC and win,the politicians play whatever side of the fence that benefits them most and to me its treasonous and if it can be proved they should swing for it,Pull your head out of the sand dude because this shit is going on daily from the presidents office down to lowly city clerks its how things get done at city hall and if you dont beleive that you live in fantasyland.

Top Bottom