city water in an ez cloner?

• Thread starter GuFF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

You can get molasses at any grocery store. Grandma's Unsulphured Blackstrap.

Health food stores carry it as well, but in larger tubs.

I would hold off on the KLN/Protekt while you are trying out the EWC tea.

I can't speak to the tea in E/F. I run a dead res in RDWC and chiller.

G

GuFF

Found the black strap at the grocery store. I'm going to remove the air lines that came with the unit and replace with air diffusers. I am going to try to do the ewc tea and hopefully that solves the slime. I would like to try running the pump 30 on 30 off but i'm afraid that the slime could return (i read it did return for someone else when they cooled the water) what i don't understand is how my RO unit is letting any kind of organism through it from my tap? Isn't it supposed to filter all that out?

I have been a firm believer in keeping the res cooler (68 F) and making sure it is well aeriated and no light penetration to prevent any bad bacteria from forming but i believe the warmer temps in the ez cloner res will effectively speed up the rooting process like when using heat mats for rockwool cubes. The EWC tea helps keep the slime at bay and allows for these high temps.

Perhaps I will do a control when i get my first batch and run the pump 30 on 30 off, it would be easier than mixing up tea for every round.

G

GuFF

Hey wonka what is your water temp at? I'm wondering if i cycle 30/30 my pump if I can get my water temp to 72. My room is currently 78. Now i got the slime once, if my water stays or gets above 72, I'm most likely going to see slime again since the water cant hold enough oxygen to make the environment unsuitable for the slime.

I'm going up north to go wakebording for the weekend, was considering just throwing 8 clones in and cyclin the pump and see if i get slimed again, I'm hoping its not something from my water, I think the slime develops from the cuttings due to high water temps and poor air delivery from the cheap ez clone air lines.

G

GuFF

Here isbthe ewc tea recipe from "richyrich" on ICMAG.COM (he started the idea of Ewc tea in the cloner)

Use Physan20 at 1mL per 10 gallons to sterilize and clean.

Apply EWC Tea at 2-3 cups per 10 gallons.

4 gallons of RO water or bubbled tap (for 24 hours) in a 5 gallon bucket. One air stone with a big air pump.

2-3 handfuls of earth worm castings or gh ancient forest

50mL liquid carbo load

1 scoop of ZHO

1 scoop of Great White

5mL Root Excelurator

50mL Aquashield

- I have dyna grows KLN and PROTEKT could i use one of these in replace of on of his ingredients?

Bubble for 24-48 hours; no longer. Separate with cheese cloth and put in a container. Fridge for up to 10 days.

R

RMCG

I just had ~20% of my (24)clones pop roots in 6 days running straight pH'ed tap in the EZCloner. All still look very healthy, the majority of the remainder(~60%) are calloused up and bumpy, ready to pop over the next 2 days.

Water temp is 78-80* and they are getting filtered HPS lighting.

No slime. I do run DM Zone in my flower res and may try some(dilute) in the EZCloner on the next run.

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks guys; lotsa good info in this thread.

Was wondering - do any of you run H2O2 in your EZs? Pretty much use 35% in everything I do, and it's great for keeping little nasties at bay.

Definitely gonna give the cycling (as opposed to 24/7) a shot - does anyone do shorter cycles than the 30/30? Was thinking more like 1 min on / 5 min off cycle - any thoughts on this?

Again guys, thanks again - lotsa good pointers for someone just getting a new EZ.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

My buddy used to run his 1 min on 3 min off.it's right in the middle.defenitely keep an eye on them and I wouldn't reccomend misting them either just in case you were thinking of it

Latest posts

Top Bottom