Clackamas Coot’s - Growing Auto’s in my 1st no till

• Thread starter AZsunfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Have you tried colorado compamy worm castings sold by build a soil? They aren't screened, they have all the bugs, and whatnot in it. Worms too, it looks pretty awesome, you might like it. I am trying it out soon, small family farm, coot approved 👍

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Have you tried colorado compamy worm castings sold by build a soil? They aren't screened, they have all the bugs, and whatnot in it. Worms too, it looks pretty awesome, you might like it. I am trying it out soon, small family farm, coot approved 👍
I’m familiar with it. I was trying out AZwormfarm and giving their products a chance. Do you know why everyone says not to use local compost?? Is it because of high salt content? Anyway, I’m using their premium compost, EWC, and soldier fly frass. Seems like it’s cool. I also added MIbeneficials to get my own predator population built up.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I’m familiar with it. I was trying out AZwormfarm and giving their products a chance. Do you know why everyone says not to use local compost?? Is it because of high salt content? Anyway, I’m using their premium compost, EWC, and soldier fly frass. Seems like it’s cool. I also added MIbeneficials to get my own predator population built up.
It's because you don't know what is in it, you want well thought out compost. What you put in is what you get out like anything. Imagine what goes into your local compost? Grass sprayed with poison, even if not, if it's all grass its crazy high in nitrogen. There is A LOT TO IT.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

It's because you don't know what is in it, you want well thought out compost. What you put in is what you get out like anything. Imagine what goes into your local compost? Grass sprayed with poison, even if not, if it's all grass its crazy high in nitrogen. There is A LOT TO IT.
I reached out to them via email. I hope they respond, I am very interested.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

AZwormfarm emailed me back:

“It is a reasonable question. We are very careful about what we accept and from whom. More importantly, we test our compost regularly. I have attached our most recent test, which shows how safe our compost is - most chemicals are undetectable - and the few that can be detected are at extremely low levels - mostly (we think) from airborn sources.

We don't take grass clippings at all.

Zach”

he sent me the 11 page report, it’s a comprehensive Mass spectrometry testing. I’m sold on their stuff!

N

Natep

When I built my soil I used half worm castings half mushroom compost. This being for the 1 part compost.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I haven’t watered or filled the Olla’s in a full week! The top layer is a little crusty but everything is fine. Added some Big6 micros/macros, a bunch of defol material from the lowers, and sprouted barley. And back by popular demand, the famous rabbit poo! My fungal gnats are gone and I know they love 💩 so I was holding off. I don’t have time to get EWC but it’s a great alternative.

IMG 7597
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I haven’t watered or filled the Olla’s in a full week! The top layer is a little crusty but everything is fine. Added some Big6 micros/macros, a bunch of defol material from the lowers, and sprouted barley. And back by popular demand, the famous rabbit poo! My fungal gnats are gone and I know they love 💩 so I was holding off. I don’t have time to get EWC but it’s a great alternative.
It's so much better isn't it? Growing in a living soil? Looking great!

Zenthanol

Zenthanol

Looks fine! If you continue to have issues with fungus gnats, consider rove beetles—they really my FG population in check and just hang out in the soil as long as they find something to eat. . .

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I’m in love with the AvT. Took over the 30 gal. Smells like floral essential oil, amazing. NACS has a collab with Mephisto right now, 2 strains. One is AvT x Wedding, I bought it and plan to run right after this run. Another 3-4 weeks to go, this is torture.

IMG 7611
IMG 7615
IMG 7614
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Almost done I think. I hate jewelers loupes, pain in the ass to see. AvT actually looks done, it has some amber. Day 76 and the other 2 don’t even look close. Someone walked up to me and was like, you smell that? I was like smell what? They said someone must be flushing some pot because it’s so strong. I was like ok crazy fuckin lady and I said it must be the neighbors because they are college kids. 😂. She was like if you find out try to get me some, lol

IMG 7824
IMG 7827
IMG 7826
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Chopped AvT at day 83! Waiting on the other 3 to ripe up.

Bad news though, I have a white flies that went from rare to a problem. It’s not a big deal for this grow since I’m chopping but I’m worried about the next one. I thought it was thrips at first but upon further review it’s god damn white flies. Does anyone have a tried and true way to eliminate these suckers? My rove Beatles and predator mites are plentiful in the soil and on the plants so I’m not sure what else to do. I shook the shit out of them and sucked up as many as I could with a shop vac. I’ll get some stickies and just try to manage until all are chopped.

IMG 7864
IMG 7863
IMG 7862
IMG 7861
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

What is your opinion on no till after your first cycle?
I have fully bought into it like it’s a fucking cult ideology. I’ve followed everything from Buildasoil, KIS organics, and Coots. It’s not cheap and there is a lot of work that goes into it. It leads to great things like learning to make your own compost and worm bins if you are so inclined. The biggest downside for me has been pests and learning to keep all the critters in balance. I think I let my pots get too dry the last few weeks and all of the sudden I have a white fly issue. I got through a bad fungal gnat issue and I’ve kept the leaf hoppers away, so I’m pretty confident I can work through those issues.

My biggest surprise is how well sub irrigated planters work with no till. They are like little super chargers. I don’t really worry about yields but the Forum Stomper in my SIP was by far the best thing I’ve ever grown and it was an after thought growing under a shitty 150w blurple light. I only grow auto’s so I think I was able to compensate for lack of power by increasing the DLI by running 20 hours a day.

I can’t wait to smoke this shit and see how good the final product really is tho.

N

Natep

I have fully bought into it like it’s a fucking cult ideology. I’ve followed everything from Buildasoil, KIS organics, and Coots. It’s not cheap and there is a lot of work that goes into it. It leads to great things like learning to make your own compost and worm bins if you are so inclined. The biggest downside for me has been pests and learning to keep all the critters in balance. I think I let my pots get too dry the last few weeks and all of the sudden I have a white fly issue. I got through a bad fungal gnat issue and I’ve kept the leaf hoppers away, so I’m pretty confident I can work through those issues.

My biggest surprise is how well sub irrigated planters work with no till. They are like little super chargers. I don’t really worry about yields but the Forum Stomper in my SIP was by far the best thing I’ve ever grown and it was an after thought growing under a shitty 150w blurple light. I only grow auto’s so I think I was able to compensate for lack of power by increasing the DLI by running 20 hours a day.

I can’t wait to smoke this shit and see how good the final product really is tho.
Once you get your good bugs built up you will have less problems with the bad ones. But could not agree more. I can not believe people still want to grow hydro.

Bilber

Bilber

Once you get your good bugs built up you will have less problems with the bad ones. But could not agree more. I can not believe people still want to grow hydro.
It's the unknown......

Kinda funny coming from me.......

Everything I've read about, it's great.....

Hydro is easy.......

A living soil.......I'll get to it....just gotta study up on it more........

Top Bottom