Clashing Opinions On Nanolux Footprint 4x4 Vs 4x6

• Thread starter lodidodi88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lodidodi88

Happy 420 -

I am in the process of building out a warehouse with my partner. The warehouse is our largest build to date with 2 flower rooms each at 40' by 12' wide. The veg room is 20' by 12'.

The original idea was that we would switch to Nanolux 1000w de bulbs. We built the rooms to have 2 rows of lights on each ends of the flower rooms spanning 40' by 4' wide and having 4' left over in the middle to maneuver. The rooms are now built and we are starting to hear that by having a 4x4 footprint will cause significant hotspots. We have been advised to switch to a 4x6 footprint instead. This brings up many questions that have been difficult to get a hard answer on:

1- Does a 4x4 footprint cause hotspots and if so what losses should you expect?
2- If we switch to a 4x6 footprint what should we expect as a reduction in yield?

I think the hope here is to be able to stick with the 4x4 footprint. If the oem nanolux hoods cause an issue is there any alternate hoods that reduce the risk of hotspots and an increase in yield?

Thank You!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Cross lighting is significant with DE bulbs,I dont think 4x4 is required especially the way you are gonna run them.If i were you id turn the fixtures sideways over my rows,as for spacing alot of guys i know run 3-1k DEs per 4x16 area(2 4x8s end to end)so for you that would mean about 8 lights over each row saving you 2 lights per row.Yields are high this way and your saving 20% on electricity,fixtures and cooling.I run 3-gavita 750s over 4x12 areas and thats overkill with them crosslighting each other so you can imagine 1ks over that same area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom