Clawed and callused tips, help!

• Thread starter Kohuhu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kohuhu

Kohuhu

Can't find anything like this on the net. Big bud clone gone awol. Tips have curled and gone hard and tipping wound has healed in to a round callus.

Any diagnosis would be appreciated.

Attachments
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Where'd you get the clone from and have you checked for mites?
That's why I'll never buy or take in clones from ANYONE lol. If its mites you are FK'D. definitely want to quarantine and prevent spray for at least a week on anything from outside of your grow area. Looks like nutrients to me. My tomatoes will have new growth like that from herbicide drift sometimes from chemlawn.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That's why I'll never buy or take in clones from ANYONE lol. If its mites you are FK'D. definitely want to quarantine and prevent spray for at least a week on anything from outside of your grow area. Looks like nutrients to me. My tomatoes will have new growth like that from herbicide drift sometimes from chemlawn.
Oh man you're preaching to the choir! I've dealt with two spotted mites, and more than once🤦‍♂️ I'd never bring in a cut or plant from anyone, ever period!

OP can't quite tell from the picture but I would check right here with the strongest magnification I had available to verify or rule out russet mites, when I see twisted new growth mites are always the first thing I would recommend checking for
Screenshot 20201024 072759 Photo Editor

Last edited:
Kohuhu

Kohuhu

Where'd you get the clone from and have you checked for mites?

Thanks for the reply. Grown from seed, took clone myself. Will have a close look for mites. What is tge treatment for mites if this is the issue?

Thanks again.

Kohuhu

Kohuhu

Your lights are to close, you over waterd or over fed.

Thanks for the reply.

This is the worst of about 60. Most are fine and treated the same so im not sure its a light issue. Possibly overfeeding/watering as recycled some mix that had been used to flower an indoor grow. Have repotted any shoeing negative symptoms.

Kohuhu

Kohuhu

Oh man you're preaching to the choir! I've dealt with two spotted mites, and more than once🤦‍♂️ I'd never bring in a cut or plant from anyone, ever period!

OP can't quite tell from the picture but I would check right here with the strongest magnification I had available to verify or rule out russet mites, when I see twisted new growth mites are always the first thing I would recommend checking for
View attachment 1047623
Thanks man will do that asap. What should i use to treat?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks man will do that asap. What should i use to treat?
Well check first and remember that russet mites are nearly invisible except under a microscope, hold on I'll grab a picture to show you what I mean
Screenshot 20201024 162556 Google

Not saying that's what's going on, just saying I see the curled new growth and something unusual on the stems to check

Kohuhu

Kohuhu

Well check first and remember that russet mites are nearly invisible except under a microscope, hold on I'll grab a picture to show you what I mean
View attachment 1047716

Not saying that's what's going on, just saying I see the curled new growth and something unusual on the stems to check

Thanks for the help. Sprayed them with maverik, see if that clears it up. Few other pics.

20201025 112358
20201025 104002
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for the help. Sprayed them with maverik, see if that clears it up. Few other pics.
View attachment 1047716

I recommended you check first to make sure that's what's going on, no sense in treating plants for something they may not have

Latest posts

Top Bottom