clay pellets in coco

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

hi all i am switching to 12/12 in a couple if days in witch i always repot into 11l pots. i am using coco with the canna nutrients, just wondering if i would be able to put a nice layer of clay pellets at the bottom then put my soil then plants in would this be OK?

Greyskull

Greyskull

i like to line the bottoms of my pots with hydroton...
i think it helps with drainage. not necessary though imo

J

Jalisco Kid

Its does offer an O rich environment. It can save roots. I know they say you can not drown a plant by overwatering in coir.But it takes away from the plants energy. It has to tread water rather then grow. JK

E

easypleasie

I put a 4-5" layer of coco croutons with one of my transplants to see if it made a difference. After a couple of weeks vegging, that plant is considerably larger than my other girls. But that could be attributed to the container it's in. 10 gallon tub instead of the normal 5 gallon bucket. It's only one plant so you can't really base anything on the results but what JK says makes sense.

I'm definitely staying with the bigger tubs, regardless. My 4 girls in flower got root bound after 10 weeks of vegging in 5 gallon buckets. I would have had to water them a few times a day if I didn't transplant the 5 foot tall girls :)

I'll try the hydroton along with the croutons next time in the same size tubs, but with more plants.

t.o.med

t.o.med

i mix my canna coco 50/50 with hydroton in 5 gallon airpots. was going good until i got hit with mites. hope that cheese cut was worth it.

J

Jalisco Kid

There is no cut worth the fight with the borg. With Floramite and GOD on your side you have a fighting chance. JK

t.o.med

t.o.med

just picked up the floramite today.im getting a fogger tommorrow . this is only the second time in 18 years ive had them both times from taking cuts from friends.

Greyskull

Greyskull

'friends' always give you more than you ask for...... good luck gettign rid of the mites

Greyskull

Greyskull

you're a 'homey' grizz, there's a difference : )

homies take care of you... friends set you up w/ extras

Top Bottom