clean air for cooltube

• Thread starter ReDLuBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

I fit an air filter (like for an A/C or furnace) to a box and put my intake inside the box. Air must pass the filter to get into my tent.

S

smokestack23

Why do you want to? Blow air from outside the room through the tubes and back out. The air going through the tubes will never enter or pick-up the growroom air so there won't be any smell to it.
Oh..and that's why I said to blow air through as opposed to sucking. If you suck the air through you can pick up some room smell into the negative pressurized cooltube ducting's tiny pinholes.

Hope that all makes sense.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Why do you want to? Blow air from outside the room through the tubes and back out. The air going through the tubes will never enter or pick-up the growroom air so there won't be any smell to it.
Oh..and that's why I said to blow air through as opposed to sucking. If you suck the air through you can pick up some room smell into the negative pressurized cooltube ducting's tiny pinholes.

Hope that all makes sense.

dirt, bugs, dust all of which would effect light quality.

They make a few products for this very purpose. There readily available and the cost is about what you would expect.
There is always the D.I.Y. route and it is a simple task if you are comfortable with building things.
FJ

I

Inhale

Get yourself a Horti-Control Dust Shroom.

Here is a quote from them on a forum, and I am sure on their website:

"The Horti-Control Dust Shroom(tm) Is a patent pending reusable foam filter element designed to keep dust,dirt,bugs,mold,bacteria etc out of indoor gardening areas and air cooled reflectors. Horti-Control teamed up with UNI Filter,The world leader in reusable foam filter elements to design a filter for indoor gardeners. This revolutionary product will keep your air cooled reflectors dust free, and keep mold and harmful bacteria out of your garden!

ZERO CFM LOSS
antimicrobial
antibacterial
Washable
reusable
filters debris down to .1 micron
engineered and built by uni filter
5 year warranty
installs in seconds
low profile design
rubber base
made in usa"

Not sure if I can send links without getting in trouble, so I will let you google it :)

half baked

half baked

could you not just use a pair of tights or 2 and put them over the fan, that will stop an awful lot of shit goin through and its cheap as, just my 2 cents

peace hb

T

treehugger

could you not just use a pair of tights or 2 and put them over the fan, that will stop an awful lot of shit goin through and its cheap as, just my 2 cents

peace hb

Yes you could, and if your garden isn't worth more than a dirty pair of tights - go right ahead! lol

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

Yes you could, and if your garden isn't worth more than a dirty pair of tights - go right ahead! lol

right on. those things will kill your cfm.

i have been running a 8in dust shroom on 4 hoods. keeps them spotless. its a great investment.

P

primeform

they arent inline? You have to put the shroom on the end of your fan?

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

they arent inline? You have to put the shroom on the end of your fan?

What? i dont understand what your trying to say. i have my shroom on the outside wall of my room, setup for the light intake. it is attached to a 8in collar then splits to a 8x6x6 TY, then to the hoods, 2 on each 6in run.

you can put the shroom anywhere you like.

Z

Zephyr

What? i dont understand what your trying to say. i have my shroom on the outside wall of my room, setup for the light intake. it is attached to a 8in collar then splits to a 8x6x6 TY, then to the hoods, 2 on each 6in run.

you can put the shroom anywhere you like.

The problem with non-inline filter come when your taking air from outside ,like from a roof top ...generally people try to minimise their trip to the roof .So cleanning filter every harvest or better twice a harvest would become hard.

Any online filter allow you to clean filter from inside de garden.

So this is waht I did I found filter call DEAUPASSE or something similar they are like car p-flow filter but giant !

These filter have way more surface area then Mushroom thing

find a flange 8" to 10" ,a piece of 10" pipe long enough to acomodate the Deaupasse and then tape the deaupasse inside the 10 "pipe ...tada! You have
a high velocity inline hepa filter.

peace

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

The problem with non-inline filter come when your taking air from outside ,like from a roof top ...generally people try to minimise their trip to the roof .So cleanning filter every harvest or better twice a harvest would become hard.

building a functional plenum would solve this. if cleaning a filter is to cumbersome then your in the wrong game.

So this is waht I did I found filter call DEAUPASSE or something similar they are like car p-flow filter but giant !These filter have way more surface area then Mushroom thing

but lack the 0 cfm resistance and they can not be cleaned and reused

find a flange 8" to 10" ,a piece of 10" pipe long enough to acomodate the Deaupasse and then tape the deaupasse inside the 10 "pipe ...tada! You have a high velocity inline hepa filter.

so how would you clean this. another fantastic suggestion from someone WITH NO EXPERIENCE. to do something like this you would create a plenum, a sealed air box, used primarily in HVAC. on this box you would create a door to access a filter for an intake. building an inline filter like above would restrict the filter way to much. all filters need a minimum clearance from obstructions for popper air flow. i only speak from direct experience.

the only thing worse than ignorance, is the desire to prove it.

Z

Zephyr

Someone whit no experience

so how would you clean this. another fantastic suggestion from someone WITH NO EXPERIENCE. to do something like this you would create a plenum, a sealed air box, used primarily in HVAC. on this box you would create a door to access a filter for an intake. building an inline filter like above would restrict the filter way to much. all filters need a minimum clearance from obstructions for popper air flow. i only speak from direct experience.

It Work well for me ...mine are in a wood box(Plenum nice word!) that are at least 2" appart from the filter ,the intake side is tapper to 8 inch pipe ,the box open on the side and give access to the filter ,wich is for your information washable ,right after the box(plenum) the filter connect on the fan wich is outside of th box.

SO THIS IS AlSO DIRECT EXPERIENCE.

I dont think that acting with sarcasm is nessecary when people give knowledge.

Peace!

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

It Work well for me ...mine are in a wood box(Plenum nice word!) that are at least 2" appart from the filter ,the intake side is tapper to 8 inch pipe ,the box open on the side and give access to the filter ,wich is for your information washable ,right after the box(plenum) the filter connect on the fan wich is outside of th box.

SO THIS IS AlSO DIRECT EXPERIENCE.

I dont think that acting with sarcasm is nessecary when people give knowledge.

Peace!

1- the filter you mentioned is not washable, charcoal filters are not washable.
2- your original design would not work. an 8in collar in an 10in hard duct would only leave a 1in gab. not ever close to enough clearance.
3- your comprehension of the English language is so terrible, i cant understand what this "wood box" looks like.
4- lets see some pics of your direct experience, lets see both setups.
5- i was not using sarcasm.

Z

Zephyr

Deau Passe made hepa non carbon filter ...
Sorry for the bad english im doing my best.

R

ReDLuBE

building a functional plenum would solve this. if cleaning a filter is to cumbersome then your in the wrong game.

I agree totally, i was wondering how to filter the air without restriction. and i have to bring my air from outside, so i have a fresh air intake hood on the exterior of the house, how do i filter inline?? Pictures are worth a thousand words!!

R

RMCG

Horti-Control 'Dust Shrooms' have no cfm loss.

Perhaps a plenum box, with an intake hose from the outside, and a dust shroom on your intake to the lights (within the plenum).

SHROOM6.jpg

Top Bottom