Clean Air

• Thread starter Fman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fman

My grow room is outside, in the backyard, on a covered patio. The room is 4x8x8. On the roof is a 740cfm 8" vortex fan. The intake is a 10" duct that goes out the back of the room and under the house. The duct goes about 20' under the house, on the end of the duct is a 12x 18x24 box with a 12x20 ac filter. This system has worked very well for 3yrs. About a year ago I started getting a bad PM problem, I tried everything, and finally discovered it was coming from under the house. So what do I do to clean the air coming into my room?

Natural

Natural

mildew spores are super tiny a regular air filter..perhaps even the good ones will not be able to catch them all. I've used hepa filters for years..but if they are allowed contact with dust they will clog and become worthless. I bet they would work good if you covered them with a dust guard..like carbon filters do. I've been using a cheap filter from hvac industry called Dustlok with Sporax..it's been working great. Of course I vaporize sulphur in veg as well. Which may help you because if it's under your house it may as well be in your backyard when you enter the grow. Also, you could go in the crawlspace and spray what you can with diluted Physan 20.

F

Fman

Thanks for the input. A sulfer burner would work great, I even built a diy job with a green flood lamp. The problem with using a burner, is that, my garden is a continous grow system. My veg section and flower section are in the same room, seperated by a light proof shade. My flower section is in 4 trays, each one is 2 weeks older than the others. One tray is always 2 weeks away from harvest. I thought using a burner that close to harvest was a bad idea. I do like the Dustlok material. Anybody got any expercnce with something like an ozone , or ion generator?

Natural

Natural

Natural, do you happen to know at what temperature the sulfur vaporizes without burning?

Here are some good links for Dustlock from my shopping list:

http://4qualityair.com/dustlok-dual-filter-frame-merv-p-13837.html
http://compare.ebay.com/like/221182933443?var=lv
Ya ..I used to know..but since I bought the commercial type burner it has escaped my brain. That seems pretty expensive for dustlok...I ordered 50 2'x2' squares and the total was near $50..I think it will last me years. check it out..I had one in town actually and they cut it to whatever I size I wanted. http://www.reliablefilter.com/filters/dustlok_filter_media.htm

Thanks for the input. A sulfer burner would work great, I even built a diy job with a green flood lamp. The problem with using a burner, is that, my garden is a continous grow system. My veg section and flower section are in the same room, seperated by a light proof shade. My flower section is in 4 trays, each one is 2 weeks older than the others. One tray is always 2 weeks away from harvest. I thought using a burner that close to harvest was a bad idea. I do like the Dustlok material. Anybody got any expercnce with something like an ozone , or ion generator?

It's great for inline duct vents (on the way out) or a lung room that you vent into and then purge to the outside. Like my buddy Fractal says, running ozone is how they got beasters to have no smell. Have ya any thoughts on going sealed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom