Clean Growroom and Plants from Hermaphrodites

• Thread starter Hermisfollowme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hermisfollowme

Hermisfollowme

Hello, to explain my Problem i have to start at the very beginning. I have one big room with flowering plants and in that room is a small cabinet with plants in veg. mode. In my first run i had hermis. in my second run i had hermis again(i just gave the genetic a 2nd chance) i removed them instantly and thought everything is fine but the pollen attacked the other plants. (please pay attention now) i accidently set the veg plants in the cabinet on 12/12 for a few weeks(reveggin rn) and after i set the veg plants back to 16/8 i started 12/12 on my other plants(the ones who turned out to be hermis) are my revegging plants now already contaminated? I got a big box of dirt, a few lamps(LED's), and other equipment in that room(and a quantum board) What should i do before i start my next run safely? and how do i kill all the pollen thats left? i hope you guys can help me so i can finally make my first successful run

Ponky

Ponky

I'm pretty good at sterling a house. So I can share with you the peroxide ozone method.

Step 1. Remove all living things from the house. All plants. Pets. Aquariums. Everything that is alive.
Step 2. Wipe down the surfaces you want to treat with hydrogen peroxide. Spray a small misting of peroxide on any areas you want to make sure are sterile.
Step 3. Turn on the ozone machine. Have some fans running. Leave the area.

This creates a fog that santizes everything. Do not breathe it in.

If you take hydrogen peroxide, the familiar antiseptic and bleaching agent, mix it with water, and bubble it through ozone, the atmospheric gas and hazardous component of smog, you will produce a powerful and extremely microbicidal chemical reaction that can kill just about any kind of bacteria and render harmful ... https://www.scripps.edu/newsandview...rogen peroxide,of bacteria and render harmful

(I've found just having the peroxide on the surfaces of the tent have been plenty. No bubbling needed.)

However you will need new genetics. Chances are you just have hermie seeds. Sanitize the house. Get new genetics. The house will be operating theater clean. No mold or microbe can handle it. I mean maybe prions and tardigrades. But almost nothing else can handle the sterilization process.

Hermisfollowme

Hermisfollowme

Thank you for that detailed Process. I Will def so it like u said it. i already removed the genetic that caused it. i still have a few questions, what about the led lamps? what should i do with them or my quantum board? and what about the plants in the cabinet which i set on 12/12 before?

Ponky

Ponky

The plants have to be outside the house while you run the ozone. It airs out quick. But while the fog is there it's not survivable for the plants. It doesn't hurt anything else that I know of. Fans and lights don't seem affected. Once you unplug the ozone just open the doors and windows. BUT DONT BREATHE THE FOG. Air it out. Do place your carbon filters into bags and seal them. Or replace them. They can't be ozone blasted. Ruins them. After it's done it will smell very sterile. And you've done it right. Like that swimming pool/ hospital smell.

I cannot stress this enough. Do not breathe that fog. And no living things inside while you do it. Have a plan for how you're going to open the windows and vent the house. Maybe have a duct van set up ready to turn on and vent.

Hermisfollowme

Hermisfollowme

Alright, i will come back to your answers when i'll start cleaning so i make sure that i don't do anything wrong. . for real thank you that you explained it so detailed to me

Ponky

Ponky

It's not a purifier persay. It just uses electricity to make oxygen into ozone. It's also great for keeping the car from being smelly. You can find them cheaper too. Depending where you are.

Hermisfollowme

Hermisfollowme

Oh aight, i got something for my pets i dont know the english name for it, you put water in the container and it turns into fog when u turn it on. Is that kinda similar?

Ponky

Ponky

No. I don't know what that is. The hydrogen peroxide and ozone fog is something else. Trioxidane or dihdydrogen trioxide. It's similar to water. But different enough to destroy bacteria, viruses, mold and basically anything else.

Hermisfollowme

Hermisfollowme

No. I don't know what that is. The hydrogen peroxide and ozone fog is something else. Trioxidane or dihdydrogen trioxide. It's similar to water. But different enough to destroy bacteria, viruses, mold and basically anything else.
Okay so if i got it right give the walls/floor etc a simple clean(i use water/soap/alcohol) give the room(and lamps right?) a spray with the hydrogen peroxide and than turn on the ozone machine right? do i need to look at the temperature?how long should it run and when i open the door to let the smog out can i instantly pull the plug out or should i wait till the fog is gone?

Ponky

Ponky

Okay so if i got it right give the walls/floor etc a simple clean(i use water/soap/alcohol) give the room(and lamps right?) a spray with the hydrogen peroxide and than turn on the ozone machine right? do i need to look at the temperature?how long should it run and when i open the door to let the smog out can i instantly pull the plug out or should i wait till the fog is gone?

I would sweep and clean the room as normal. Wipe down your hard surfaces. I would use the peroxide on my hard surfaces around the grow area. Spray it on the tent. Or around the concrete. I would limit the main treatment to the grow area. Open the rest of the doors and windows in the house. If you grow in a spare room seal it off. Blast ozone for 20 to 30 minutes. With the fans going and the peroxide on the surfaces it will do its thing. Then if you can open the window from the outside and turn on a fan or let it vent out. If anyone asks say it's for silverfish or something. The gas itself has a 16 minute half life. I just do the treatment. And use my ducting fans to vent it outside after it's done. I leave the area for minimum an hour. You don't need to do the whole house. Just use tape or towels to seal vents and doors to keep it mostly contained. You do need to vent the whole house and empty it of living stuff. As a precaution still.

If you think its a gross spay a few sprays of peroxide on it is fine. Just don't wreck anything like collectibles or art works. I have a room with tent so I just do the inside of the tents and it helps me contain the ozone and vent it easy. So if you're not sure exactly double check.

Hermisfollowme

Hermisfollowme

I would sweep and clean the room as normal. Wipe down your hard surfaces. I would use the peroxide on my hard surfaces around the grow area. Spray it on the tent. Or around the concrete. I would limit the main treatment to the grow area. Open the rest of the doors and windows in the house. If you grow in a spare room seal it off. Blast ozone for 20 to 30 minutes. With the fans going and the peroxide on the surfaces it will do its thing. Then if you can open the window from the outside and turn on a fan or let it vent out. If anyone asks say it's for silverfish or something. The gas itself has a 16 minute half life. I just do the treatment. And use my ducting fans to vent it outside after it's done. I leave the area for minimum an hour. You don't need to do the whole house. Just use tape or towels to seal vents and doors to keep it mostly contained. You do need to vent the whole house and empty it of living stuff. As a precaution still.

If you think its a gross spay a few sprays of peroxide on it is fine. Just don't wreck anything like collectibles or art works. I have a room with tent so I just do the inside of the tents and it helps me contain the ozone and vent it easy. So if you're not sure exactly double check.
Again, thank you for the deep explaination. Im sure after i did it everything will be fine

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Again, thank you for the deep explaination. Im sure after i did it everything will be fine
Hi I didn't read all above but water plain old h2o kills pollen A good pressure washer spray everywhere should kill it all. fans you'll need to clean anyways between grows, a humidifier set to stay on to get up to 100% humidity blowing through your system.

Are you sure your seeds are good and 100% blackout through flower. If you try a new space and you still get hermies then its seeds or you creating them imho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom