Cleaning An Oil Rig... Can I Bake It In The Oven.

• Thread starter Renegade1349
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Renegade1349

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has thrown an oil rig in the oven to heat up the glass and reclaim some of the oil? I have applied a flame to my rig about 3 times now to get the oil that gathers in the downsteam in and around the nail area.

Has anyone done this before and what temperature should I do and for how long? I was thinking like 400F for like 10 minutes but any advice is welcomed.

R

Renegade1349

I pour iso or pure grain into mine let it sit, pour it out and then let the alcohol evaporate.

K Then once the Iso or whatever evaporates you are left with just resin? I would probably go about this route as it sounds less likely to shatter my rig. How would the "reclaimed" oil taste after the ISO is evaporated? Would it have a strong taste of alcohol? or be about the same taste consistency as if I just melted it out? I don't mind the taste of alcohol but ISO smells and tastes awful and the fumes are pretty bad when heated.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
As long as you let it fully evaporate you are left with a sticky shatter type substance with no alcohol taste, but it still tastes awful, like a candle...

Top Bottom