cleaning dripper systems ???

• Thread starter ukcheesehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesehead

i will be fireing up my topspin in the next cpl of weeks it was packed away about 6 weeks ish ago . do i need to run any cleaning chemicals or just run it for 30 mins or so to flush the lines ???? ta ukch

F

FastForward

You can get that ATA Drip Clean stuff to run through the system to clean out any salts built up in the pipes/drippers. I think you can probably use a weak ammonia or bleach solution instead though, just make sure you thoroughly wash it through afterwards....

For the sake of a few quid you might just want to buy new dripper heads each run?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i always run hot bleach water through my pumps/drippers during rezz changes.

X

Xare

I use cleanable button drippers. You can unscrew them and remove and clean a small disk inside the dripper that channels and regulates the flow of water.

Each rotation I undo them and give them a scrub with a toothbrush and screw them back on.

Occasionally a dripper will foul up and you can just unscrew it and clear the blockage from the disk.

Its also good to unscrew the endcaps and flush the lines when your clean all the drippers.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

why use the caps at all? its just one more thing to go wrong/clean. i toss them in the garbage out of the package.

BlackBart

BlackBart

You can clean feed lines and drip emitters with very low PH water . It works very well .

M

markkelly

I use vinegar, mix with little hot water and it dissolves all the slats inside the lines.make sure you clean it out good with plenty of water before you use the system

T

tomcurtis3

cleaning drip emitters

Will running General Hydroponic's FloraKleen through the system will this sufficiently clean out the emitters???

Top Bottom