CLEANING THE UC BETWEEN ROUNDS

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

What to know what are the recommendation for cleaning and preparing the UC for the next round.
I'm finishing up this week I start my flush for 5 days after that I would like a 2 day max turn around I think a big problem of my cycle this time around was due to not cleaning my UC properly so would like some advise. What are you guys doing and what's working and not working thanks

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Lots of people use bleach to clean the system. I use H2O2 at 6% and give them a good spray than a scrub and rinse than use the shop vac to suck it all out. Fill and run for 12 to 24 hrs than put my plants in.

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

I was gonna do the same with h2o2....that shit is mean. I would use bleach also but for the sake of time and smell im not going to. I would think this part of the grow is of most importance and having a clean happy system would avoid future f-ups...give her hell man and good luck on your next round!

smokie

smokie

I use the cheap airstones and throw them out after every run, get all the water out of the UC the last little bit with a wet vac.
Then fill just above the pvc and dump a gallon of bleach in there and let run for a few hours.
I ty a womens stalking to the epi return tee to catch any small debri.

Then i use a soft rag and dip it in the water and start cleaning the walls of the uc.
Soft rag so i dont scratch the walls of the UC.
Then dump and repeat with fresh water and wipe down the walls again.
And repeat 1 more time.
Let it totally dry out and its time to roll.

I soak the lids and net pots in 10 percent bleach for a few min and clean them up as well.

Spray some sporicidin in my wet vac when it is empty before storage to prevent any mold spores from trying to find a home in there

i also bought a few 35 ft extension hoses for my wetvac and hook it to the exhaust and run it outside while the wetvac is in use.

I use a mask also cause that bleach smell will fuck you up.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Lots of people use bleach to clean the system. I use H2O2 at 6% and give them a good spray than a scrub and rinse than use the shop vac to suck it all out. Fill and run for 12 to 24 hrs than put my plants in.
where do you buy your h2o2, and are you diluting it?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks guys for the info but do you guys disassemble the system or just water and h202 or bleach and turn on the pump and air stones? 24 hrs? Sound kind of long also scrub is it safe for the bleach to run though the pumps?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

What do you recommend water how high or just enough so the return pump flow back to epic center with full strength bleach?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

You can get H2O2 at the hydro shop or a chemical supply house, some pool places sell it. I mix the H2O2 at 3% and use it everywhere to clean, room, lids, counters pipes ect. I do run a 6% in the UC with it filled to above the regular water line, I let it run for 12 hrs or more than dump and re-fill with nutrients.

Before I do the above I drain to the bottom and spray the whole system in and out with 6% H2O2 and than scrub it with brushes and I have a 3 1/4 round brush I pull through all the pipes. I spray again and let sit of 10 min than hose the whole thing down and drain and vac. Than I do the above.

I used bleach for years but if you let it sit too long you get a white film on everything. Bleach has chlorine in it so it's not bad for your system in small amounts as it will kill root pathogens.

The nice thing about H2O2 is you can see it work, I get this grey build-up around my seals and I spray with the H2O0 and you can see it bubble up as it cleans it up and loosen's it. I use a bottle brush to clean around the seals and under them real good, I bend my brush in a U shape and it works better.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks woodsmaneh will try I cut down my girls on the 14th this month and hope to have my new girls in on the 16th latest

Latest posts

Top Bottom