Cleaning up BHO....if needed

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

Graywolf has inspired me to attempt this...hopefully this is befitting the guru!

My plan is to do a hexane/sodium water wash. Followed by a reclaiming of the Hexane (as this stuff can be tough to come by)

My first step was to dissolve my outdoor shake BHO (roughly 2-1/2 oz) into about 750ml of hexane. Once this was done you could tell there was extremely little in the way of noticeable solids and the mixture (where thin) was a lovely golden color.
The bulk of the liquid though was so dark you could not see into it far.

I then prepared my sodium water to wash the hexane mix.
This was done by boiling RO water (aprox 1.5 gallons) with as much salt as would dissolve into it. I used water softener salt as table salt has iodine in it. I am not sure if Iodine would be bad but hey if it does not need to be in there...then I would rather not introduce it.
You can tell its totally salt saturated easily as no more salt dissolves into it, and also as it cools, extra salt will precipitate out of the solution as cold water holds less salt than hot.

Today this is where is sits as I have no time left but......tomorrow I will continue with pics coming on Sunday.

This is the Hexane/BHO mixture.....So potent but wish it was clearer!

Hexane
Hexanebho
Graywolf

Graywolf

Hee, hee, hee.......... Good job, it will clear right up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom