Cleaning Your Oil Rig

• Thread starter Steve Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tweedy

tweedy

I will say this to anyone who is reclaiming from a WATER portion of their rig. Be careful with the moisture content. Heard some ugly stories about lungs collapsing because of water getting into them as you are making water vapor with the certain heats of nails. Now I don't know if this is true at all, but thought I'd throw it out there as I would feel like an asshole not chiming in on something that could save someone from hurting themselves like that.

T

tvheddenver

Continued:
So the material collected on the side is actually of higher potency than what you are smoking! Now there are a few caveats regarding the return phase changes of the molecules of interest, but that's fairly detailed and likely of no consequence.
The other thing... we believe that the resin is different before and after the water. Our thoughts are that the pre water reclaim oil is already heat activated. The post we think converts back to the prior molecular configuration, that still will require heat activation before it'll be absorbable by the body.
Pic is of reclaim... golden is post water, black is pre water, metal dish is a conglomerate formed by heating the rig to drizzle it out.
Reclaiming 20% here...
O yeah, if you need to use chemicals... buy acetone! Butthe fancy stuff! 99.9% pure should be your minimum accepted! Pour some of whatever solvent you choose in a puddle 3 inches in diameter. Let it evaporate, then use a razor blade to scrape up the former puddle - if you see anything at all, it's not usable!
Anyone can form a business, just spend $100 - Google how, very easy. Do this, then buy GOOD acetone from a supplier on the Internet. .. You'll be healthier for it!
Taste is a factor, but the better the product you smoke, the better the resin.
Don't smoke flower at all in same piece! Absolutely RUINS potency!

20140104 112834
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Clean your rig out with 91% iso and dump that shit down the drain! Reclaim is nasty:dead:

Thats a REALLY bad idea.. That shit will cling to your pipes and everything else that goes down the drain will then cling to the pipes.. your gonna clog your shit really bad doing that...

If you must dump it.. Use hot water like boiling hot water to reclaim it and then dump it outside..

Personally i reclaim mine with iso and save that for edibles killer night sleep off a cpl capsules :D

Dbd143

Dbd143

I always use a mini torch lighter to warm the oil and do an ISO rinse it comes out crystal clear. Do small sections at a time and font heat the alcohol you dumped in the piece tilt it to avoid it. I have a small rig i don't see why it wouldn't work on all size Rigs. I save I reclaim for brownies or cookies

BeeHigh

BeeHigh

Using a Ceramic Domeless Nail will be one of the easiest to keep clean. The right nail should collect excess oil - Just torch it for 45 seconds - 1 minute and blow away the ashes.

E

Elsydro

Is it bad for the glass using heat to remove the reclaim over a long period of time of having this done to the piece will it cause strain or the glass to become weaker? I have a expensive rig and do not want to take any chances
I would t heat it then, as it’s likely to crack it using a torch I’ll sometimes use a stove burner

E

Elsydro

Thats a REALLY bad idea.. That shit will cling to your pipes and everything else that goes down the drain will then cling to the pipes.. your gonna clog your shit really bad doing that...

If you must dump it.. Use hot water like boiling hot water to reclaim it and then dump it outside..

Personally i reclaim mine with iso and save that for edibles killer night sleep off a cpl capsules :D
What’s the best way to purge the ISO ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Purge iso

Dump contents into a large glass Pyrex dish. Put splatter shield.on top so no dust/dirt gets in.
Place fan behind and let the fan evap the iso.

PLEASE see @GT21 iso thread for more details.

E

Elsydro

Purge iso

Dump contents into a large glass Pyrex dish. Put splatter shield.on top so no dust/dirt gets in.
Place fan behind and let the fan evap the iso.

PLEASE see @GT21 iso thread for more details.
THank you kindly!! Does this also work for ISO or just everclear? Also the one thing I always worried about in ISO is the unknowns is it safe for human consumption? Smoke or cooked? Which is Better?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Both

I do a further step. I place the evaped extract in my vac purge setup and purge as needed, for as long as needed.

E

Elsydro

Both

I do a further step. I place the evaped extract in my vac purge setup and purge as needed, for as long as needed.
If you don’t have a purge oven, what would substitute in a typical house, anything?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Vacuum sealer, mason jar, vac to mason jar lid adapter, mighty vac hand vac. It' not the best, but better than nothing and smoking under purged extracts.

You can also put dish on a warm (not hot) griddle. Put towel between dish and griddle. Then start whipping. It will turn into crumble.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
If you don’t have a purge oven, what would substitute in a typical house, anything?
You still get good stuff without a purge but you need to make sure its whipped properly..you can then melt the crumble back into a nice solid piece after.

Top Bottom