Cleaning your RDWC with H2O2?

• Thread starter Fro5ty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fro5ty

Fro5ty

How do you guys clean your RDWC after a run? Just use H2O2 and let the pump run? Do you leave the airstones in it? They should be cleaned with H2O2 anyway so it wouldn’t hurt them.

my main concern in my chiller. I read to use h2o2 or vinegar. I don’t want to damage the chiller with something that comes of the airstones.

Easiest way to do it is to just add RO water with H2O2 and let it run in the RDWC. Change the water with New H2O2 water after 1 day and then clean it out again after a day.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
did you have any problems with the rez on the last harvest?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
personally i'd toss the airstones. they're cheap. replace each run. no way to be 100% sure they're sterilized.

run the system with high concentration of h2o2, then bleach or alcohol, then water twice. alcohol won't hurt the chiller, nor should h2o2. bleach might, that shit is corrosive af to some metal. i use it to strip chrome plating off classic car plastic pieces.

otherwise, you just do the above. better to be over the top with cleaning than find out week four of flower you fucked up on your room flip last run.

Reactions: PK1
tobh

tobh

Supporter
for perspective, when i get around to flipping my space, i go nuclear. i wear a chemical mask and everything because i bomb the fuck out of the room with bleach, alcohol, and h2o2. i don't want to be breathing any of it in the concentrations i use, and any irrigation equipment is given a nuclear treatment. best not to fuck around when you can get away with going heavy.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Ive boiled airstones before.

Ill run 1cup bleach in 20 gal of water for a few hours in the system is all i do. Dump that and rinse with plain water a couple times until the foaming stops from the bleach

One of the chillers is 8 years old.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

Ive boiled airstones before.

Ill run 1cup bleach in 20 gal of water for a few hours in the system is all i do. Dump that and rinse with plain water a couple times until the foaming stops from the bleach

One of the chillers is 8 years old.
Do you leave the airstones in?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Another question if you don’t mind. Do you use (part) tap water during growing? Just to know if your chiller gets cal build up.
Just ro water is what i use and its HARD. My starting ppms are above 2000 before the ro and come out around 40.

Now both the chillers haven't been used since October's harvest and i would imagine there's old water sitting in the coils now.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

Just ro water is what i use and its HARD. My starting ppms are above 2000 before the ro and come out around 40.

Now both the chillers haven't been used since October's harvest and i would imagine there's old water sitting in the coils now.
Don't you have trouble with pH swings?

My tap is at 0.8EC. I add 1/5 tap to 4/5 RO water and then I add nutrients. I'm going to clean out the RDWC this weekend with bleach

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Don't you have trouble with pH swings?

My tap is at 0.8EC. I add 1/5 tap to 4/5 RO water and then I add nutrients. I'm going to clean out the RDWC this weekend with bleach
Not so much in veg but ph dropping in flower is an issue

Top Bottom