cleaning your water with fish water drops?

• Thread starter cannababy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cannababy420

i have these drops that are supposed to cleanse tap water so that it is safe for fishes. do you think it would be safe/good to use with my plants rather than going and getting purified water from a company?

R

Rocky Top

i have these drops that are supposed to cleanse tap water so that it is safe for fishes. do you think it would be safe/good to use with my plants rather than going and getting purified water from a company?

I have used it in a pinch. I think it will add salts to your soil so you may want to keep an eye out on that. It neutralizes the chlorine and chloramines and will certainly not kill your beasties.

I know growers who use it exclusively and they claim to have no problems. If you can afford a RO filter, I would go that route. If you are tight on funds, the water neutralizer should be a viable alternative. It's certainly better than straight tap water. Good luck.

D

Djmers

I used to use it myself alot and it did not cause any harm to my plants but you are better off just leaving the water to sit open for 24 hours so all the chlorine can evaporate.

R

ReelBusy1

I used to use it myself alot and it did not cause any harm to my plants but you are better off just leaving the water to sit open for 24 hours so all the chlorine can evaporate.

Thats what I do.
Overnight works fine.

I am uneasy about adding anything to my water that is not a direct nute needed by the plants.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

use a big wide stock pot then a couple times a day use a wisk to adgitate the water. If chlorine is heavey in your supply let it sit for 2 or more days.

Top Bottom