Clear Bho Shatter Changed During Vac Purge

• Thread starter Jay106
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jay106

Clear bho shatter changed during vac purge
Clear bho shatter changed during vac purge 2
This is my first post ever and im new to making BHO this is about my 8th run and out of 200 grams of some nice trim I got a nice 20 gram slab of shatter but during purging it got a lot darker and texture changed to kind of crumbly and cloudy. I did something wrong but I cant figure it out could someone help!?

Navillusii

Navillusii

I've had this problem in the past. My solution was to turn the temp down during purge. I don't go over 105F. Takes longer, but creates shatter. What kind of purge pot do you have?

J

Jay106

How would i go about getting rid of fats/ lipids for future runs? I use a 3 gallon best value vacs vac chamber and heat it up with a skillet( Im assuming this is what is causing the uneven heat)

Navillusii

Navillusii

look into a heating pad that sticks on the bottom. I'd also not run so much at a time giving you only have some much room in the chamber for the muff to expand.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

How would i go about getting rid of fats/ lipids for future runs? I use a 3 gallon best value vacs vac chamber and heat it up with a skillet( Im assuming this is what is causing the uneven heat)
I've used 50 micron screens and I hand filter them out after blasting during the cook off phase, also freezing your material before blasting also helps keep fats and lipids from binding to the ever so precious trichomes. I have used a skillet as well, I use a pyrometer to find the places it heats the most and keep it at high of 105 and a low of 90.

J

Jay106

Alright thanks to everyone so for my next run i'll make sure I have a heating mat and freeze my buds which seems like would fix the problem? Ive done other runs before this and they all came out amazing in every aspect I was very surprised. I have a pressurized closed column from bvv that I can fit around 200 grams in and blast on the daily. I have a reliable source of good trim that gives me 5-10 pounds every 2 weeks for FREE.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Yeah I think all those precautions should take care of your problems. If you have a dewaxer in your column that helps too but costs $$$. All in all should be good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom