Clear>Cloudy>Amber... Consisten timeframe or varying?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Do trichs change from clear to cloudy to amber over a certain time period, or does it vary greatly?

What got me thinking about this is that I completely lost track of when I turned my plants into 12/12 (had it saved on my comp, but reformatted & forgot to backup HerbIQ program data).

Basically, one strain's at 50% cloudy, I'm trying to figure out when to start flushing (65/20/15 coco/worm-casting/perlite & using chemical nutes).

Do all strains change trich colors at the same rate? Do all plants of the same strain change trich colors at the same rate, or is it also environmentally influenced?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have not found that trichomes turn at a consistent rate, even when running the same strain side-by-side. I have no idea what might influence those changes, either.

bloads

bloads

Seamaiden coming to the the rescue with another answer. Thanks again :hi

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I would say start 2 flush now ASAP when u flush the plants with plain water the plants start 2 respond 2 the flush.. It's like they no it's time 2 finish up.. They will start 2 ripen soon.. I love 2 pick mine when I see around 20-30% amber other growers pick at 10% it all depends on how Stoney u like them.. No all strains don't change at the same time..

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

I would say start 2 flush now ASAP when u flush the plants with plain water the plants start 2 respond 2 the flush.. It's like they no it's time 2 finish up.. They will start 2 ripen soon.. I love 2 pick mine when I see around 20-30% amber other growers pick at 10% it all depends on how Stoney u like them.. No all strains don't change at the same time..

Do you judge by random bud samples on the plant? I've noticed the tops are always ready to harvest, while the bottom is lagging.

bloads

bloads

Regarding trichome amberness vs white hairs turning to orange...

I've noticed that on some of my strains (ulitmate blueberry being one), all of the hairs will have turned orange, yet I still have some clear trichs, with no amber yet. On other strains, I'll have all cloudy trichs, with a few ambers, and still 80%+ white hairs on my flower (sour D is doing this for me)

bloads

bloads

Regarding trichome amberness vs white hairs turning to orange...

I've noticed that on some of my strains (ulitmate blueberry being one), all of the hairs will have turned orange, yet I still have some clear trichs, with no amber yet. On other strains, I'll have all cloudy trichs, with a few ambers, and still 80%+ white hairs on my flower (sour D is doing this for me)

There was supposed to be a question in that quote somewhere.

Anyone else notice the same? I'm about to pull a plant w/10% amber that might not even be 50% orange hair yet (sour d 72 days, herojuana 72 days also experiencing same thing)

edit: 3 posts in a row, sry for being selfish w/the thread

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I only occasionally check trichomes now, I use my other gauges to determine doneness. So that means that if that were my plant (the one that's got mostly white pistils) it wouldn't be being pulled just yet.

Top Bottom