Clip Fan Life Expectancy

• Thread starter Onetwothree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Onetwothree

Onetwothree

So if you're a small tent grower like me, you use clip fans. No ifs ands or buts about it. I finally found a fan that both clips on well AND has that Goldilocks zone of power....not too harsh, and not too soft. BUT, and this is a big but, I've had two of them fail on me now after using them for a grow. So figure they have been in use for 24hrs/day x 100 days (roughly), that's 2,400 hours of use. Is that acceptable? What do you guys use?

The fans in question are these BTW:
https://www.amazon.com/Active-Air-C...482182354&sr=1-1&keywords=active+air+clip+fan

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So if you're a small tent grower like me, you use clip fans. No ifs ands or buts about it. I finally found a fan that both clips on well AND has that Goldilocks zone of power....not too harsh, and not too soft. BUT, and this is a big but, I've had two of them fail on me now after using them for a grow. So figure they have been in use for 24hrs/day x 100 days (roughly), that's 2,400 hours of use. Is that acceptable? What do you guys use?

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Air-C...482182354&sr=1-1&keywords=active+air+clip+fan
Shit my one is 2 years old been going 24/7 and still going strong that's a bummer yours are crapping out I think that's not a good brand in my humble opinion mate .

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I have had bad luck with active air clip on fans. I've had 3 of them , and exactly three of them were garbage.
None lasted more than a grow, one quit after few weeks.
I've gotten to where I won't buy anything that's made by active air.

Best of luck.
Peace

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I've run clip fans for a couple years before they dided. decent investment for $20

What brand?

I have had bad luck with active air clip on fans. I've had 3 of them , and exactly three of them were garbage.
None lasted more than a grow, one quit after few weeks.
I've gotten to where I won't buy anything that's made by active air.

Best of luck.
Peace

Yea, unfortunately it seems like they've burned me twice now....not gonna let them do that again! Fuckers. :D

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil

Why not just hook a power strip into your timer and then plug fans and lights into it. Then your fan only runs 12 or 18 hours a day and makes it last alot longer. Do the plants enjoy the night breeze?

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Why not just hook a power strip into your timer and then plug fans and lights into it. Then your fan only runs 12 or 18 hours a day and makes it last alot longer. Do the plants enjoy the night breeze?
That's a good call...I kind of figured air flow was important 24/7 though, no?

grohio

grohio

Ive bought em from active air and hurricane before. Looks like the same exact fan to me. But its funny because i bought the hurricanes about a year before the active airs because at the time we didnt have a local grow store. Now we do and he carries the active air. The only ones i still have (functional) are the hurricanes. So i guess ill make the trip to buy the hurricanes next time.

grohio

grohio

I would like to find a fan the size of the clip fans. But instead of a spring loaded clip i want it to be a bolt clamp. So you can keep it secured tight. The clip fans piss me off. There always moving on me.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I would like to find a fan the size of the clip fans. But instead of a spring loaded clip i want it to be a bolt clamp. So you can keep it secured tight. The clip fans piss me off. There always moving on me.
I agree. I hate the clips. If only I was handy....

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Yea that's a little high in price for something unreliable. I get the same Ines from Walmart for $10

Top Bottom