Clockworx dry/cure method (step by step)

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

I said you can do that, I've been drying bud for 20 years and that way sucks, it causes more damage when you try and peel and cut all that half dried half soggy leaf off.....the whole point of my method is to not damage the buds, I've tried every method of drying there is and this is the best by far.....feel free to try what you like....I've read all the books long ago and not one of them have a clue how to dry and cure bud correct....its an art that I've mastered, I went through the trials and losses, buds smelling like wet grass, no smell, ect. Ect... just try my method the way its written and save yourself headaches....
I’ve been using your method for 2 years now and I’ve gotten the best results in my 12 year experience . Beautiful method and I love the science behind it. I stick with method 1 , I avoid the brown paper bags because they make them too moist sometimes. After 5-10 days in those trash bags , my product is A1 , smell is 10/10 , texture and density is 10/10. Thank you so much for writing this post , it’s truly changed my life . Peace and love from Detroit Mi

B

BroScience101

Still the best drying tutorial on the internet. Thank you clockworx . I've been linking you to all my new grower buddies to help them stop ruining their harvests in our cold dry midwest winters.

-foodoo

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

Still the best drying tutorial on the internet. Thank you clockworx . I've been linking you to all my new grower buddies to help them stop ruining their harvests in our cold dry midwest winters.

-foodoo
I can not disagree with you . Best tutorial hands down ! Saved a lot of crops with this method especially during crucial winters in northern mi

d00bs_

d00bs_

Gem thread. Shit got funny,

Also a lot of distilled wisdom and experience in gtp76354 post.

10/10 would read again

Roof

Roof

View attachment 341878 Hello farmers, due to the high volume of friends asking how I dry and cure, I've decided to make a step by step guide to my method. This will include everything from chop to smoke. After many many harvest and experimenting with every cure method under the sun I've come up with the most simple way to get dank nuggets that keep their amazing smell and look rite up to the point where they get smoked, vaped, or whatever else people do with them. So here is the step by step way to avoid the hay and mayday !!

Things you will need : giant black trash bags
Giant paper leaf bags
A line to hang branches

(1) I pull all fan leaves off the plant while she is still standing(smaller indoor plants). Its much faster this way, larger out door plants get cut into smaller branches then plucked.
(2) I cut the plant into manageable large branch sections, at the same time I trim the bud leaves if they are not frosty or I want them to make another product otherwise I leave them on to become part of the finished buds. After doing this for a long time you will be able to trim branches like the Flash.
(3) I hang the branches on the line evenly spaced trying to keep buds of the same size next to each other. This is the air drying step and the key is DRY SLOW...this step is a big factor in how your buds will smell and taste so don't rush. The temp 65-70 humidity 50-60%...you should stay as close to those numbers as possible for a slow dry. If you use a fan in the room it should never hit the buds directly, only use it to keep the air moving, if the air is blowing on the buds the branches will dry to quick.
(4) in 10-14 days the buds will feel a tad crisp on the outside but the centers will still be plenty moist to continue the slow dry/cure. With my method the dry/cure are one swift step where drying smoothly turns to curing. When the buds are crisp I slide branches into groups, the size of each bundle depends on the size of bags being used (bigger the better).
(5) I pull the black trash bag up over the groups of branches and tie a loose knot at the top, at the same time push most of the air out. When done with this step you will have a drying line with a bunch of bags hanging and buds with the moisture being slowly pulled back out. Don't open the bags to check if they are moist again, just feel them thru the bag. This keeps you from losing the moisture inside the bags.
(6) when the buds feel crisp again you can do 1 of 2 things. (1) You can open the bags and let them air dry again and keep doing that on and off process, you will notice every round will require less time to dry and more time to be moist until you get to the point were you are ready to snip the buds off the branches and put them in jars. The buds will be tight but evenly moist and won't need to be burped if done correctly. Always check them the first few times you try this method tho, buds can be sneaky and fool you into thinking they are ready for jars. The branches will have a crisp snap sound but will not crack like a dusty dry stick. If you kept the bigger buds with the bigger buds and smaller with smaller then each group will dry evenly.
The number 2 option is using the large paper leaf bags to slow the process down even more. If using those bags the principle is the same but the paper bags bring the buds to an even moist and allows you to leave the buds inside longer and really slow things down....either way you will end up with finished buds that are nice and tight with zero damage and a DANK SMELL....when the buds get put into jars the smell will already be there but the taste will get sweeter with every passing day...
View attachment 341894 View attachment 341893
Hi Clockworx.
I Know it's been almost a decade and I hope that you still answer me.
I have a plant drying and my temps are allways between 21 and 22 Celsius and with the Rh bet. 55 and 60. I have a fan blowing to the floor or the tent and not direct in the flowers.
What I feel now after 5 days is that is the bud already crisp outside. I don't squeeze but I can feel them already crisp. This should be the time to use bags according to your method.
But, my questions are if that 5 days is not to soon to be crisp as I feel them? And if is there aproblem if I use the bags to soon?
Thanks in advance and hey...hope that you still there..smoking thy blunts and full healthy!!

Roof

Roof

Hi Clockworx.
I Know it's been almost a decade and I hope that you still answer me.
I have a plant drying and my temps are allways between 21 and 22 Celsius and with the Rh bet. 55 and 60. I have a fan blowing to the floor or the tent and not direct in the flowers.
What I feel now after 5 days is that is the bud already crisp outside. I don't squeeze but I can feel them already crisp. This should be the time to use bags according to your method.
But, my questions are if that 5 days is not to soon to be crisp as I feel them? And if is there aproblem if I use the bags to soon?
Thanks in advance and hey...hope that you still there..smoking thy blunts and full healthy!!
I ask if 5 days is to soon for the temps and humidity I'm having...❤

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

I ask if 5 days is to soon for the temps and humidity I'm having...❤
I ran into similar issues , they were crispy after 5-6 days . I just threw the bag on. Wait a few days after you place the bag on and feel the bud . By day 10-14 you should be set to go. I usually denug the plant and place it in totes. This helps with removing the humidity inside the bud . It really helped this time around : hope this answers your question. Randomly woke up to use a bathroom and saw your question lol

Roof

Roof

I ran into similar issues , they were crispy after 5-6 days . I just threw the bag on. Wait a few days after you place the bag on and feel the bud . By day 10-14 you should be set to go. I usually denug the plant and place it in totes. This helps with removing the humidity inside the bud . It really helped this time around : hope this answers your question. Randomly woke up to use a bathroom and saw your question lol
Hey thanks m8!!!
You really took me some weight out of my shoulders because I just threw the bag on before any reply and was ventilating thinking if I was doin it to soon. :))))
The thing is that with 21 to 23 Celsius and the humidity allways around 55 and 60% shouldn't the bud dry slower? Or this combination of temps and RH makes it dry quicker? Maybe temps?

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

Hey thanks m8!!!
You really took me some weight out of my shoulders because I just threw the bag on before any reply and was ventilating thinking if I was doin it to soon. :))))
The thing is that with 21 to 23 Celsius and the humidity allways around 55 and 60% shouldn't the bud dry slower? Or this combination of temps and RH makes it dry quicker? Maybe temps?
I make sure my temp and humid are at 60/60 , 55 rn is good but I prefer 60 . I’ve seen a big difference between 55 and 60. I usually start off with 60/60 and eventually get to 65F and 55RH . It’s hard to keep those numbers perfect but I realized that the most important party is the first week , when you initiate them into the hanging drying process , you want to keep humidity high . My issue was my cooling system was decreasing my RH every time it turned on . So to keep that from
Not happening I turned up the thermostat and my temps stayed around 64F 58humid . Anytime bro !

I

iatm53

Let’s keep this conversation alive! I have been using this method a while and still don’t feel like I have it perfected. Is there a certain stem snap when you know it’s time for the bags? Or are your stems still green and wet? Also my stems dry from the bottom (the top bud hanging) up, meaning it’s still wet up by the root. I am trying to get that perfectly distributed moisture content but can’t seem to nail it! Anyone have any more advice?

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

Let’s keep this conversation alive! I have been using this method a while and still don’t feel like I have it perfected. Is there a certain stem snap when you know it’s time for the bags? Or are your stems still green and wet? Also my stems dry from the bottom (the top bud hanging) up, meaning it’s still wet up by the root. I am trying to get that perfectly distributed moisture content but can’t seem to nail it! Anyone have any more advice?
Usually around day 5-8 is when I apply the bags. I wait for them to get 60-70% dry. Then apply bags. Sometimes I remove bags after 4 days if the buds had gotten more stiff just so I can repeat the dry/moist process 1 more time before I denug. Your tops will always be more dry than mids that’s why he suggests you to hang the big together and small together. I still hang the whole plant. You want to get Atleast a crisp on the outside of the bud and when you squeeze the bud it should feel dense/hard but can still be squeezed.

I

iatm53

Usually around day 5-8 is when I apply the bags. I wait for them to get 60-70% dry. Then apply bags. Sometimes I remove bags after 4 days if the buds had gotten more stiff just so I can repeat the dry/moist process 1 more time before I denug. Your tops will always be more dry than mids that’s why he suggests you to hang the big together and small together. I still hang the whole plant. You want to get Atleast a crisp on the outside of the bud and when you squeeze the bud it should feel dense/hard but can still be squeezed.
Ok so your 5-8 days hang and then with the bag up to 4 days? How many days are people hanging with the bags on? I know exactly the texture you’re taking about and sometimes I get it and sometimes I don’t, I want this to be like riding a bike like clockworks said! So I cut off my main branches and hang them. After 7 days the tops are very dry and the stems will snap down by the tops. As you move up the middle some of the buds are still noticeably moist and the stem is green and still wet. Is that about what you’re looking for? Sometimes I feel like I should go dryer but it’s such a fine line. I wish there was a definitive way to know when to bag and when it’s done, or that’s what I need to figure out. That stale marshmallow texture is so good, I want to master it!

I

iatm53

After just finishing another round I’m almost feeling like watching the stems is key to knowing when to put the bags on. It seems like you don’t want the stems green or wet at all. So watch the stems until the shrivel and lose there color and then it’s ready for bags. Does this sound right to anyone else?

Latest posts

Top Bottom