clone cutting question

• Thread starter click80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
click80

click80

i cant seem to find an answer to these questions...

when cutting clones do you have to cut a whole branch that you are getting clones from? I have been cutting each clone off separately.

Once ready to trim and put in a cloner what about nodes that end up under the neoprene? I currently pinch them so roots dont grow into neoprene.

I was shown to cut about an inch below a node, then trim so that you have a trimmed (razor) node hanging in mist (or in medium). This limits the amount of clones i can harvest off the scion. I have seen pics on forum that shows just stem on a lot of cuts.

I usually get roots within 2 weeks, give or take, but i want to cut down on cloning time if possible.

All the other things ie water temp (got a chiller), cloning solution, etc.... i have down pretty good. I found out about powerclone from botanicare and love it. I just need to get these cloners filled up, i have two ez120's now.

thanks

N

naturehd

there are so many ways to clone it is basically different strokes for different folks. imo bubble cloners are faster then basic cloning. so you are already there sounds like to me. personally no more then a week and im seeing roots in mine. i have found if you clone late it tends to want to hermie on me but that may just be me idk. i prefer clonex over botanicare but i like regular honey if im just doing basic cloning. its all in the anti-biotic agents or however ya want to word that. i do prefer botanicare nutes though.

click80

click80

there are so many ways to clone it is basically different strokes for different folks. imo bubble cloners are faster then basic cloning. so you are already there sounds like to me. personally no more then a week and im seeing roots in mine. i have found if you clone late it tends to want to hermie on me but that may just be me idk. i prefer clonex over botanicare but i like regular honey if im just doing basic cloning. its all in the anti-biotic agents or however ya want to word that. i do prefer botanicare nutes though.

thanx...thats what i was thinking, but i would like to find out how other peeps deal with nodes under collars on aerocloners (or bubble). My thinking is that when wounded, hormones make their way to injury and thats how you get roots to grow on a stem, i feel that these hormones become diffused when there is more than one injury with which to go to. I love ending sentences in prepositions....haha

i also would like to know about the necessity of having a node within an inch of the bottom of cutting

Thanks for the info on botanicare, if there other nutes are as good as the power clone im there..

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I cut down the stems to create more wounds. I dip in rootech and put in cloner. If you have blown out roots in two weeks your doing it pretty fast. 5-6 days for nubs and 12 -16 roots blown out hanging down to the plenum. Pretty standard from what Ive seen. Also ive taken 3-4 cuts off the same branch.

Top Bottom