Clone dip

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

can't seem to get rid of my thrips so this round I want to dip my clones a few times before they start getting big.

What are some good mixes or dips out there? I was thinking of using that Monterey spray mixed with tap water or maybe H202 in tap.

My plan is to dip them and then rub down each leaf to knock off what I can. Any tips are appreciated.

420Gator

420Gator

i just picked some up from progressive yesterday and they dipped in azatrol or azamax(??) 5 parts water to 1 part,maybe. hopefully someone else can chime in. im pretty sure thats all they did

C

cymbaline

I don't dip per se but I do spray all mine with azatrol.
I don't remember the part I mixed up but I think it was 2 tablespoons per gallon.
I soak them down to the point that it's like a dip..

OGONLY

OGONLY

Yo Steve, I had thrips over the summer bro. The best bet is Spinosad. Monteray Bay Incecticide is the one I got. I got itonline but later found that they had itat my local nursery. It works. No need to dip. Just spray well. Also drench medium with spray.

Plants actually looked better after spraying this stuff. It is not overly toxic like many mite sprays. I'd repeat spray after 3 or 4 days and u should be good.

St3ve

St3ve

Thats what I have and I have been spraying but I just can't seem to get them all. They are so tiny, if I miss seeing one after a few weeks they start coming back major. You can't even tell they are there unless you use a 60 power microscope.

That said, I hated taking clones knowing they were on there but I had no choice. So thats where the dip idea came in. I figure while they are small, I'll have a better shot and getting rid of them.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Wow man sounds like you have gnarly thrip family living in your plants hood...

Dipping sounds like the best course of action at this point. Might consider rotating sprays/ soil drenches with both Azamax and Spinosad. I'd probably hit them every other or every third day for a good 2 weeks. That would do it I'd bet.

Guessing you are getting the adults with the spray, then eggs hatch and problem begins again.

Dunge

Dunge

OGONLY has the ticket. Look for the sweet spot where all eggs have hatched but none of the new adults have reached sexual maturity. This works for head lice with a two week period between treatments, if memory serves.

St3ve

St3ve

Wow man sounds like you have gnarly thrip family living in your plants hood...

Dipping sounds like the best course of action at this point. Might consider rotating sprays/ soil drenches with both Azamax and Spinosad. I'd probably hit them every other or every third day for a good 2 weeks. That would do it I'd bet.

Guessing you are getting the adults with the spray, then eggs hatch and problem begins again.

You're probably right.. not to mention there are so many leaves now its soo hard to get everywhere.

I'll just dip and spray and stay on them bitches. Thanks

St3ve

St3ve

OGONLY has the ticket. Look for the sweet spot where all eggs have hatched but none of the new adults have reached sexual maturity. This works for head lice with a two week period between treatments, if memory serves.

thanks, I will definably just stay on it. It worked against the mighty spider mites. These guys are just so much smaller, I can't even see them without a magnifier at all.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Got the Monterey's garden spray

Waited until my lice eggs hatched, sprayed my head and they are still there WTF

just kiddin
mal

Top Bottom