Clone Help!!

• Thread starter bevin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bevin

bevin

I am having some issues that I would like some help with. So cloning, I usually dont have a problem but as of recently I have been having some issues. This is my issue my last batch of clones got super yellow and I had more fail that root. Out of 18 I ended up with 6 most were not rooted and yellowed real bad, a few that did root id say 2 out of 6 yellowed real bad also. I use a tray and fill with perlit, then cut my clones and use clonex and put the into rapid rooters and straight into the perlit.Any one know what might be going on here.

Natural

Natural

i find some strains take longer and basically digest themselves if the moms aren't fed good enough..with that said it's hard to say Bevin...back to the basic questions.
are my temps and humidity in the correct range?
are my mothers healthy?
is my stock water chlorine free?
are my tools sterile?

bevin

bevin

Temps and humidity are good, moms are healthy as can be not sure about water i use city tap water and let it sit 3-5 days. and my tools are sterile

sixstring

sixstring

on picky rooters i use the same nutes that the donor plant was getting and it helps.but i clone in cups of promix or coco with no dome room temps 75f-78f 18/6 lighting.most my clones just get a light veg nute @ 300-400 ppm until i see some growth.and i only use rooting gel about half the time if im not in a major hurry.gl

sky high

sky high

Prolly just >one of those things<....but....

Hate to blame anyone else...but I'm pretty sure I got a bad bag of Root Riot plugs about 4 months or so ago. I usually have very good luck with my clones...but like you...I had a run where EVERYTHING yellowed and them either damped off or just sat there indefinitely. The plugs LOOKED OK....but after wetting them I smelled a >slight< mildew kinda smell.... and I honestly think there was >something< goin on with 'em. Lost 2 trays of clones..... bought new plugs...went again...and had great success...

Hope ya figure it out....

bevin

bevin

yeah i did some research on useing plant cells in the dome and just putting perlite in the cells and placing clones in that. I think Im going to try that next, i get good results with the perlite and rapid rooters so maybe I can cut the rapid rooter cost and go straight to perlite

Latest posts

Top Bottom