Clone Or Seed?

• Thread starter ThaDurb707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Would you rather grow from clone or seed?

• Clone

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Seed

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Cur Dog

Cur Dog

I voted clone because it's what I'm most comfortable with. I did recently germ some seeds and got some starts growing. Really excited to see what happens with them. Eventually seeds are the way I want to go, and maybe a couple clones of strains I enjoy. I'm skeptical about seed vendors and don't have the contacts like I do for clones. So I'm presently researching different breeders and strains that might fit me. Motarebel is one of the breeders that really interests me, snowhigh is another.

ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

I voted clone because it's what I'm most comfortable with. I did recently germ some seeds and got some starts growing. Really excited to see what happens with them. Eventually seeds are the way I want to go, and maybe a couple clones of strains I enjoy. I'm skeptical about seed vendors and don't have the contacts like I do for clones. So I'm presently researching different breeders and strains that might fit me. Motarebel is one of the breeders that really interests me, snowhigh is another.
I agree, eventually seeds would be the way to go to find that special one. If you have the time and means to do so.
Mainly curious about new growers, medicinal etc. that if you could get the strain you wanted in either form to start a garden what would you prefer?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would prefer seed, pop a few dozen and you may find a gem that is twice as good as what the dispensary is selling cuts off of...
Then clone it...

ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

I would prefer seed, pop a few dozen and you may find a gem that is twice as good as what the dispensary is selling cuts off of...
Then clone it...
See that's my problem too, dispensaries either have crappy clones and usually of some strain they don't even have on the shelf. Or none at all and if you ask about gettin a clone of something decent they laugh at you. But what if you had access to a nursery with nice clones of strains you wanted, like that wonderland place in Cali

DankyPanky

DankyPanky

Clones (assuming they're from a good pheno of excellent genetics, done by someone knowledgeable, and are healthy / bug free) are quicker, easier, and the most direct route to many specific strains, plus there is less risk (by not having to separate the males when running regular, non feminized, seeds).

To me these things make clones a better choice for those who are less experienced, or those who simply want to run particular strains and prefer to skip the pheno hunt part of the process, thus leveraging all of the hard work someone else did in finding a particularly interesting and stable pheno.

Both have their places.

I have been lucky to have many quality cuts shared with me, and after a few years I'm just now starting to fuck with seeds, help with pheno hunts, and eventually gather pollen from any males for future breeding projects. It seems like a natural evolution after getting my feet wet and myself established via clones only for a while.

Different strokes.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Part of the both have their place and it depends on your goals club. For commercial growing, clones of a single strain per room, just keeps it really easy and uniform. For personal growing I would probably always start with seed; sexing and selecting plants is an important skill everyone should develop. If you find something you like, make clones. I like to pheno hunt so every few rounds its nothing but a bunch of seeds with me killing of most of them.

I wouldn't buy clones, I don't think the people selling them have a good incentive to hook up some random joe with anything close to great versions of great strains. It also invites in pest/disease and you have no clue if what its labelled as is even what it is. If a friend has something great though, clones it is.

Quagmire

Quagmire

I agree, eventually seeds would be the way to go to find that special one. If you have the time and means to do so.
Mainly curious about new growers, medicinal etc. that if you could get the strain you wanted in either form to start a garden what would you prefer?

well, then that's a little bit of a different question.. Clone if I could test the smoke right there.. Your pretty much guaranteed of the plant/strain your going to get .. Clone her many times over and wait until down the road you find a strain grown from seed that you just have to hit that clone with some of his pollen.. seeds always have a place for me and I grow from seed currently.. cheers

MeJuana

MeJuana

See that's my problem too, dispensaries either have crappy clones and usually of some strain they don't even have on the shelf. Or none at all and if you ask about gettin a clone of something decent they laugh at you. But what if you had access to a nursery with nice clones of strains you wanted, like that wonderland place in Cali
I like clones a lot and I pick them up from a lot of places but Doctor's Order's and also CC101 in Sacramento, CA has never given me a bad clone even the OG Kush I got and as a matter of fact also Triangle Kush they carry is real. Sour Diesel I also switched to the one they had it seemed to be a better pheono I am liking a lot better. I have to drive over 2 hours to get there though so I don't go a lot but I've gotten over 20 from those two places.

epitome

epitome

Lmao

Cant "legal" growers grow seeds from the seeded bud they buy or grow?

Latest posts

Top Bottom