Clone Problems. New Growth On Clones Browns After 10 Days

• Thread starter Stallion707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stallion707

Not double dipping into clonex bottle, taking domes off after 5 days, using root riot plugs, I sterilize my tools, I squish out extra water at beginning, heat pads are used.
Top growth browns out and clone is finnished. Losing half of my cuts.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Not double dipping into clonex bottle, taking domes off after 5 days, using root riot plugs, I sterilize my tools, I squish out extra water at beginning, heat pads are used.
First thing I would try is not using the heat pad. I never dip in my bottle I put some in a shot glass then throw it out. You don't want to contaminate your whole bottle of clonex. I take my dome off every day and lightly mist my cuts. I don't squeeze out hardly any water out of my plugs.
Don't give up or get frustrated it will just take some practice to get your system down.
You got this.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
If your dome temp tops 78-80 they will brown and mush everytime.

S

Stallion707

Any additions to help stop mold/fungus?
sprays/additions to initial plug soak

P

PharmHand

What light are you using? For years I overlit my cuttings and the new growth would quickly brown once rooted. Not all of them usually the biggest ones maybe 20%, if I didn't get em out of the dome in time. They'd all root tho. Now I keep a two bulb t5 2feet off the domes and have a massive improvement. Every one roots and 95% of them look flawless when planted. The heating mats work great in cold weather if you have them on a thermostat otherwise they can cause problems too. As can dome temps over 80* as mentioned above. I mist em with chloraminated tap water and soak the jiffys in tap too so that might kill some pathogens.

S

Stallion707

What light are you using? For years I overlit my cuttings and the new growth would quickly brown once rooted. Not all of them usually the biggest ones maybe 20%, if I didn't get em out of the dome in time. They'd all root tho. Now I keep a two bulb t5 2feet off the domes and have a massive improvement. Every one roots and 95% of them look flawless when planted. The heating mats work great in cold weather if you have them on a thermostat otherwise they can cause problems too. As can dome temps over 80* as mentioned above. I mist em with chloraminated tap water and soak the jiffys in tap too so that might kill some pathogens.
mats at 70, one t5 a foot above domes

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

After you see first signs of roots kill your heating pad and take your domes off daily for 15 min, problem solved. Happy Growing

Top Bottom