Clone Question

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

How much does the size of the cutting matter? Thicker stalk with larger fans make a bigger, quicker plant?
these tiny things are my clones. Other pics are same clones 37 days from cutting in soil. Veg 30 flipped 7 days ago.
I think bigger clones should grow faster but idk for sure.
C03F2837 A16F 4D4F B81D F4A1596553CF
113E667D 9408 434F 9864 03DB4497C009
282E70CD AAE3 48C8 9E6C 2D6BFE63C25E
8FCD6454 475F 4877 98EB F9223D3D4EBC

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
How much does the size of the cutting matter? Thicker stalk with larger fans make a bigger, quicker plant?
only suggestion I will make is use newer growth. At times it is harder to get clones to root if using older parts of the plant that are tougher and more woody. New growth typically will root better.

Madbud

Madbud

only suggestion I will make is use newer growth. At times it is harder to get clones to root if using older parts of the plant that are tougher and more woody. New growth typically will root better.
Yeah, think i leaned that lesson, bottom cutting being closer to root cell structure is a myth. New growth works fine.

Madbud

Madbud

It’s mainly about being healthy shoots with healthy new growth. I personally use bottoms just cause they get cut n thrown out otherwise. So I cut em n dip em.
I’ve had good bottom clones too. Tops just seemed to say “take me!” . Checking another possible myth with a squirt of honey in the hole.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Where you cut should depend on what youre doing.. Are you cleaning the bottom to get ready for flower or are you topping to make bushier plant. That being said a green stem clones better than woody stems..which goes for most plants

Bannacis

Bannacis

Bigger cuts may take longer to root. more plant material to maintain. plus side they will be bigger plants, so less time in veg.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Bigger cuts may take longer to root. more plant material to maintain. plus side they will be bigger plants, so less time in veg.
Its the opposite...theres more energy stored in a bigger cut.

MetalGear

MetalGear

I took cuts not too long ago and 4 inch cut rooted a couple days faster than a 2 inch cut. The way i clone anyway.. And i like cuts the smaller the better
What’s your go to way to root them? Aero or bubble setup?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Rather than say "a smaller clone roots faster than a larger one" a more accurate statement wud be a more supple clone will root faster than a woodier one...

Typically, smaller clones r more supple
Much better way to put it. The purple hard stuff just doesnt clone like the green soft stuff

Top Bottom