Clone Roots Growing Upwards. Need Advice

• Thread starter Palmettoman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Palmettoman

Palmettoman

So I have my clones in Rockwool, I checked them today and 4 of them the roots are coming out the top like pictured. Is this a problem? Should I go ahead and put them in soil? Thanks

Clone roots growing upwards need advice

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

i would pot that bugger up as soon as i saw roots.try to put it in as small a pot as u can get as the roots will take to the new medium quicker in my experience.i never put small clones or seedlings into large pots of wet medium as it can often lead to root trouble.start off small and work your way up the pot sizes until u get to your final pot.this will also increase your root system throughout your medium.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Interesting. I had never seen this, and others with a lot of growing experience had said they had never seen it either when I just yesterday posted a pic of one of my clones doing this. Mine's in Pro-Mix in my humidity dome, I ran out of Rapid Rooters and this has worked fine for me on others anyway but, I wondered if the medium had something to do with it, with them just sitting in water like they do when I have RR's and all.
Funny that it's happening to us both at the same time when it sounds like it's kinda rare.
PI1 cut

Reactions: Ina
NGA

NGA

Some strain root like crazy ,have a gg that tends to throw roots everywhere

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Did you take off that strip around the Rockwool?:) To allow the roots to penetrate out of the way.
I don’t take that off until I put them in soil. Which I have already now

Top Bottom