Clone Sick???

• Thread starter Gweedo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gweedo

Gweedo

And i dosed the aspirin at 70mg to 4 gallons did some diggong and that seemed like a middleground amount

Gweedo

Gweedo

Hey guys checking in just got done with my morning checklist and the res i cleaned and redid for my girl is turning slightly cloudy and ive got a ton of tiny brownish reddish particles all through my solution, so now i need to know if AN nutes can go bad stored in the dark for 2.5 months. Ive got some GH 3 part i can try but something is going on here and i cant figure it out

Gweedo

Gweedo

Can i flush the root zone with plain tap water to get any crap out of there in case thats where its coming from

Kepp89

Kepp89

Can i flush the root zone with plain tap water to get any crap out of there in case thats where its coming from

i'm relatively new at this, but:

did you just water it with something? need to wait and see what she does first. acting now might be detrimental to her health. these arent like nutrients for humans where we can see the effects within an hour of eating or taking an aspirin. but i dont flush higher than 7 (tap is 7.5-7.8 faucet dependent)

and in your case if it needs some nutes id flush it with 2-3 gallons to break up any salt buildup --> when it dries out <-- and then take a half gallon with small amounts of a high nitrogen fert to top it off. so the flush will clean out and the top off will leave some nutes behind. if bottle says tsp for a gallon, use less than half of a tsp (use a syringe if you have one) then when she dries up again, use 2 gallons. first gallon h2o second gallon use half tsp of that fish fert and go from there. maybe do a soil slurry right now: 1 part soil 2 parts water (use a scale to weigh it) mix the water really well, wait 15 minutes, check ph. now use the appropriate ph water if the soil needs correcting (6.2-6.8? google that) when you flush. then ph your nute gallon accordingly as well to keep the soil in range.

i'm just as new as you i think but i noticed fish fert really helped my plant early on. and i foobard my soil ph for a 2 weeks+. and i fed and then flushed cause it didnt work. before that i used some compost tea and really foobard the soil. realized i just wasnt being patient at all. now shes getting a lot healthier.

Reactions: bsb
Gweedo

Gweedo

Its in a dwc setup no soil just water and nutes, 90% sure it got root rot somehow all my conditions seem right i just missed something, she is looking bad but at the same time it looks like bright green mini growth is coming out the very top nodes, anyone know how long hydroguard takes to do its thing

Gweedo

Gweedo

Getting worse this is 2 days after a clean res changeout water is 62 plenty of bubbles temps at 74 humidity at 55 water ph is 6.2 roots and hydroton stink pretty nicely lol. Black line of krud around the top of the bucket and tons of particulate in the water

20190303 121140
20190303 121133
20190303 121240
20190303 121812
Gweedo

Gweedo

So now what do i peroxide the shit out of everything and start with a fresh disinfected res again, this one tirned to that pond water in 3 days lol

Gweedo

Gweedo

So i hit everything with 3% peroxide till there was no more fizz then flushed everything really good and went to my gh 3 part no hydroguard replaced with peroxide at 10mls per gallon now back to waiting lol
The roots look a hell of a lot better now that they are cleaned

20190303 140220
whitebob

whitebob

the dreaded slime. i ran aeroponics and hybrid dwc for a few years in the end i went to hand watering in coco. i will say, it will be very hard to rid yourself of it now youve had it in your system. ive tried most things to get rid of the slime, the hard thing is you probably did everything right but there may have been one spot in the centre of the roots that wasn't getting air and bobs your uncle SLIME! hope you sort it bud. pythoff or some anti pythium stuff could be useful. you will need new air stones air line too. and some 99% iso for cleaning too it works a treat..good luck.

whitebob

whitebob

there is some commercial grade stuff that kills pretty much all root pathogens if i can find out the name i will post it up. i have an inside friend in the nutrient and plant industry which can be quite helpful.

Gweedo

Gweedo

I really appreciate it sir im just gonna keep at my peroxide regimen till i can get to my local brick and mortar, i been cleaning eveeyrhing with a strong ass bleach solution with a good 30 to 40 min soak while scrubbing every 5 mins or so i did my dam best to avoid this but i guess its just part of the learning curve, crazy part is it set in so fast less than 3 days and bam

whitebob

whitebob

I really appreciate it sir im just gonna keep at my peroxide regimen till i can get to my local brick and mortar, i been cleaning eveeyrhing with a strong ass bleach solution with a good 30 to 40 min soak while scrubbing every 5 mins or so i did my dam best to avoid this but i guess its just part of the learning curve, crazy part is it set in so fast less than 3 days and bam
it can happen over night.!
the worst feeling in the world when you open your grow room and smell pond...! not good. changing the res as often as possible will help. but it then comes down to hassle over return.. i still pull 6 oz off a plant hand watering in coco. with almost zero stress. which is a win win for me:).

Gweedo

Gweedo

Its jist in a single bucket for now and only 3 gals a changeout, ill keep at it in hopes she comes back i guess its good practice

whitebob

whitebob

Its jist in a single bucket for now and only 3 gals a changeout, ill keep at it in hopes she comes back i guess its good practice
for sure just be extra watchful. i find my nose would sense the problem before my eyes did. happy growing budski.

Gweedo

Gweedo

Update made it till yesyerday with no problems getting some single bladed new growth at the nodes but popped the lid on my res and now ive got a snot like slime on the roots no brown just slime gonna assume its brown algae and go back to my bennies and the gh 3 part since the interwebs are saying bennies are the only cure parameters are the same res temps around 65 humidity at 55 temos at 74 pretty constant been adding 5 mls of peroxide every 2 days, lookin like this is gonna be the grow i get educated on res problems lol

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

it can happen over night.!
the worst feeling in the world when you open your grow room and smell pond...! not good. changing the res as often as possible will help. but it then comes down to hassle over return.. i still pull 6 oz off a plant hand watering in coco. with almost zero stress. which is a win win for me:).

How long u veg for ur 6z plants?

whitebob

whitebob

How long u veg for ur 6z plants?
depends to be honest bud. the bubbas that i did can take ages two months or so to get big enough to flip some maybe six weeks. To be completely honest i grow each strain to the size they need to be for my space and then flip. i dont like wasted space. but overcrowding is detrimental to yields for sure.. :)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah Bubba is a slooooooow Vegger. Kinda frustrating because it doesnt stretch in early flower at all. At least mine doesnt. You have to grow it to the size you want it to be in flower before flipping. Makes multicropping with different strains a challenge.

As for the Gweedos issue... Damn, pythium is a bitch to get rid of. Usually the issue is not enough oxygen, you really need to get some violent bubbling action in DWC. All it takes is one spot deep in the root mass not getting enough O2. H2O2 is not going to get rid of it I dont think. Another thing is you should ideally be using a lightproof Black bucket. ANY light getting into that rootzone will help pythium spread. Maybe wrap the bucket with panda plastic for now.

And I'm sure I could get flamed for this but what I would do is during the dark cycle, go in there with a 5 gallon bucket of water with about 1/4 cup bleach and give the roots a good dunk and swirl in it for 30 seconds up to a minute, and pour some through the top of the net pot. Afterwards rinse with clean water. While I was at it I'd also clean out the bucket with the same bleach water. Done for a short duration in the dark the plant shouldn't take up any chlorine.

Only issue with that is now you have a sterile environment for the nasties to take over again. So I would inoculate it immediately with enzymes and ensure you have enough air going in.

Top Bottom