Clone stems turning purple

• Thread starter Bangarang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bangarang

My mother is fed with 5ml/gal Micro 7ml/gal Bloom 3ml/gal Grow 5ml/gal Cal/Mg plus 24 hours prior to cuts i give 1 ml/gal GrowN.

Grodan 1.5" Wrapped Cubes soaked in water phd at 5.5 for 24 hours. Clones are cut at 45' angle dipped into clonex rooting gel then placed to directly into the block. Hoods are sprayed with water with a little fulvex or a drop of super natural. Then left to root.

Once cubes dry out i feed them 2ml/gallon Micro/Bloom/Grow with one drop a gallon of super thrive. I do this until i see the first sign of roots and then i continue the above mix but with 1ml/gal GrowN.

All water is pre-filtered through a TallBoy and the EC is 0.4 and base ph 6.4; which i adjust.

My stems are turning purple and growth is stunted. I leave them in the domes for 7 days, open vents for 1 day, then remove hood all together.

What am i doing wrong? I am open to changing my formula to another brand so any suggestions would be great.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is this after they're rooted? Purple stems in a plant that's not genetically-based is typically indicative of a P- (phosphorous deficiency).

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I've seen less stress on my cuts in rooter plugs than in rock wool. My cuts used to turn crazy colors and look hideous before throwing roots. In 2008 or so I switched to rooter plugs and now they hardly miss a beat, looking good all the way through.
I've also had faster results when the mom is a little hungry. I usually 'starve' my moms a little bit before taking cuts. Seem to root faster.

B

Bangarang

After they have rooted. So maybe kick up the Bloom to 3ml?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

how old is the mom?

some of my OGS are permanently red i swear. the whole way. its just a vine at this point. haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom