clone temps

• Thread starter SUPERBABY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SUPERBABY

I took some clones about 7 days ago...

they loo great..no wilting, yelloowing, etc....

Absolutely no change...

thing is, I don't have a heating pad or any way to keep em warm...they've been at 70 -75 degrees since I took em...

I mist em about 5 times a day..

how important is temp? Is it possible that they are ok and I should just wait?

D

Donk Frog

I don't have a heating pad never have...95-100% root fine

B

BudBlazer

I have a heating pad and the 1st time I used it I killed all of my clones. Havent used it since then. If you decide to use one make sure and have some air space between the pad and your tray. I think the most important part of clone temp is consistency.

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

Wouldn't start to worry until the end of the second week. I don't use a pad and don't even bother to mist, just stick um in the pucks under a dome and leave um, but it generally takes around the 10-14 day mark and enough are showing roots to move on with things. My temps are usually around yours but this recent cold streak iv'e had some down at 68 degrees and some slackers took 3 weeks to finally show roots. I'm fairly convinced its the cold that slowed them down so much. The ones in the center surrounded by other clones showed roots faster then the ones on the cold edges. Not to sure if your in a bubble cloner, only did that once and they rooted really really fast, I just like the silence of pucks.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

many things can combine to slow the rooting of your clones, but as long as you can keep the solution pH'ed properly and keep the temp fairly consistent, you'll get roots. If the N is too high in your mother, the clones will take longer. I never mist mine, but i do use a humidity dome if i'm using plugs. They do like the humidity to be at least 80%. Watch for pythium (root rot) as they take longer, that stuff is nasty. If the stems get slimy, it's time to start over. Good luck!

S

Sway

your temps are perfect for clones. clones dont like heat, you should always keep clone rooms at 73 degrees. dont mist your clones, theres no need if you have a hood, it will harm them more then help. the best thing you can do for a rooting clone is leave it alone. feed your clones 1/4 strength nutes... you cant not feed them and have a healthy clone. how would you like it if you got CUT of your momma AND your food taken away? sounds like your doing well. quit misting them, and leave em be. check on them 2 weeks later. dont let their water run out of the bottom tray. keep it at 1/8th to a 1/4 inch high from the bottom.

S

SUPERBABY

thx guys (and gals?)...

your advice is understood and will be followed:)

I have just plain h2o in the tray...I should add a little nutes?
I was thinking of a 1/4 strength solution with just Floralicious Plus...

Either way..I feel okay to just chill and "leave em be"

thanks again:)

S

Sway

i always feed my clones 1/4 strength. they need something once they go into root production mode. they will still drain their bottom leaves of food as well after a week or so. run your ph at 6.0...

F

FatBastard

I tried a few times to get the whole heating pad soil temp thing.. Wanted to pull my hair out. lol

So, i bought...
http://i60.invalid.com/albums/h9/hemi922444/Daisycloner.jpg

And have never had a problem since...

P

Pot Boy

I made my own aerocloner temps are 74-78 I see roots around the 7th day..

M

Malachi

I never feed my clones until i see visible signs of roots, then when transplanting I will water with diluted root stimulator for a week before I introduce and normal feeding, and I only spray my clones once every other day. I usually get 100% in 10-12 days. I keep them at about 70 degrees.

A

Aqua Lung

Well what if you clones are turning yellow? What does that mean?

A

afatsoweezer

I had clones turn yellow too, especially if it's taking a while to root, and they bounce back once they're put in soil or a hydro setup. I watch the stem for adverse signs, more than the leaves.

S

springs5

I tried with a heating pad for a while but had overheating issues too. I also like to use 1/4 strength nutes as I use to do ph water only and found it took longer to root. With nutes my clones exploded with roots and crazy growth compared to without. Made my own dome and that helped as much as anything else also.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
I stopped using all those plugs, domes, peat plugs, etc. etc... Waste, does more harm than good.. I can grow larger and better cutting with this method below. Within 3-5 days,well you can see the results from the pics below..

Plugs cannot compete with this method,imvho, plus you don't have to xplant as much,and they have larger root balls to plant ratio, which equals larger yields and established plants..

Here's what I do.. If ya growing in a medium this works gr8.. get 100% all the time. First, you have to start out with good-healthy stock moms.

Get yourself some small pots, beer cups, styrofoam cups, etc. and fill with medium. Water medium with solution of choice, place small hole in medium with toothpick.. Now get your cutting and razor and very lightly scrape off the outer layering of the cut-from the 45 degree cut up the stem to about 1/2", dry it with paper towel and stick in rooting gel for a min. of 2 minutes - max 5.

Stick cutting in hole, tamp down with fingers to ensure good seal, lightly water w/ mixture again, and spray cutting only once w/ mixture..

I like to put a clear plastic sandwich baggie/large baggie over the plant for 24-48 hrs only ,to ensure proper hydration. That step is up to you.. I do cuttings both ways and never have problems.. place under lights.. bingo ching bling..... .02

Here's what they will look like thru the whole process.. :damnhippie:

DSC02727
DSC02728
DSC02731
DSC02734
DSC02737
DSC02745
DSC02746
DSC02748
P

Pot Boy

I stopped using all those plugs, domes, peat plugs, etc. etc... Waste, does more harm than good.. I can grow larger and better cutting with this method below.

Here's what I do, and get 100% all the time. First, you have to start out with good-healthy stock moms. They should have been watered and sprayed with a mild kelp solution 24-48hrs in advance..(spraying w/kelp gives a good base and helps hardy the plant..imvho) I only use Nitrozyme for cuttings and my kelp use or GH 1/4 strength..

Get yourself some small pots, beer cups, styrofoam cups, etc. and fill with medium. Water medium with kelp solution, place small hole in medium with toothpick.. Now get your cutting and razor and very lightly scrape off the outer layering of the cut-from the 45 degree cut up the stem to about 1/2", dry it with paper towel and stick in rooting gel for a min. of 2 minutes - max 5.

Stick cutting in hole, tamp down with fingers to ensure good seal, lightly water w/kelp mixture again, and spray cutting only once w/the kelp mixture..

I like to put a clear plastic sandwich baggie/large baggie over the plant for 24-48 hrs only ,to ensure proper hydration. That step is up to you.. I do cuttings both ways and never have problems.. place under lights.. bingo ching bling..... .02

Thanks for sharing your method..

Top Bottom