Clone tent size for 4x4 set up and cloning led light

• Thread starter my9goesbang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

my9goesbang

looking to build a clone tent. I have a Vivosun 48x48x80 grow tent and i would like to build a clone tent when needed. Can i use a smaller tent for cloning like a 2x2 or 3x3 or do i have to have a another 4x4 tent?
As far as lighting do i use the Spider Farmer 600, 1000 or 2000 for cloning?

Reactions: PK1
M

my9goesbang

So i would need two tents to clone? , sorry if i sound silly but I'm a newbie and I'm trying to prep everything before i start my 1st grow.

Ponky

Ponky

So i would need two tents to clone? , sorry if i sound silly but I'm a newbie and I'm trying to prep everything before i start my 1st grow.
No the propagation tent holds the mother plant. A cloning tray. And below that usually has a spot for some solo cup or small pot pre veg. You have to decide how much space and power you have. And how much weed you want. And how often you want to trim. So for a perpetual you would:

Grow out your mother. Let it live in the propagation side. It's the largest chamber on that tent.

Take cuttings and put them in a tray in that portion of the tent.

Underneath that is where you would grow your clones to be ready for transplant into your main growing tent. Where you finish with 12/12 light. And you always have plants ready at every step in the life cycle.

How much space, power and cash you have to invest? And how much grass you need to smoke?

Ponky

Ponky

Screenshot 20211207 125246 Amazon Shopping

Mother in the big side. Clones on the right upper. Babies below. Then the graduate to the other side

PK1

PK1

Supporter
im with @Ponky and @growsince79 on this if you have not purchased anything yet. @Ponky suggestion on that tent is perfect for couple mothers and cloning. Then you would need a tent/area for flowering depending on how many plants you want than the size matters. hahaha!!

fluorescent lights or T5 are best for cloning. However if you have allot of light from spider farmers then you could use those too. Just make sure you can have set very high and on lowest intensity.

Ponky

Ponky

For example I smoke a lot. So I run a 4x4 mother tent. A clone area. And a 4x8 with 2 lights. And sometimes an extra 4x4 and light. And I smoke almost all of it.

M

my9goesbang

For example I smoke a lot. So I run a 4x4 mother tent. A clone area. And a 4x8 with 2 lights. And sometimes an extra 4x4 and light. And I smoke almost all of it.
I'm in a apartment on 3rd fl doing this in a bedroom lol this 48x48x80 takes up most of the room. Plus with my slanted ceilings i don't have another 80inches to work with, 6ft and under would be all i could fit.

growsince79

growsince79

I'm too old to smoke that much. 4lbs a year is plenty. A 2 x 4 and a 1 x 2 is all I need.

M

my9goesbang

I was told with the 4x4 grow tent i could grow 4 plants, possibly yield anywhere from 1lb-3lbs.
I'm just trying to figure out how i can reproduce the same yield since I'm limited with space.

M

my9goesbang

Do i have to spend another $500 on a led to clone? For the size that I'm working with?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
1st figure your tent/area/space out
2nd figure your light, air ventilation, heat and humidity out
3rd your feeding nutrients
4th experience going through one grow without hiccups
5th never expect allot.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
here is a option to think about
On amazon or a hydro store or craigslistyou you can find complete setup for X amount of dollars. Try to get the best deal as they come with tent, light, exhaust air system and few other things.
Now, obviously $ amount matters but im sure spider farmers have good deals. Again, i think that tent that was mentioned is a good idea as you can have a cloning section and a growing section.
Depending on the size you get you can have X amount of plants in the growing area. Before flipping the plant you'll take your clones and you push the main plant to flower.

light is not as important for cloning as temp and humidity is. The natural light from a window will be sufficient to start the clones to root. I've had good luck with a 3 dollar t5 light from home depo.

Start with the main fundamentals and figure what makes the setup better. that's what i did.

Ponky

Ponky

I'm in a apartment on 3rd fl doing this in a bedroom lol this 48x48x80 takes up most of the room. Plus with my slanted ceilings i don't have another 80inches to work with, 6ft and under would be all i could fit.
Do a 4x4. And a shorter 2x4 tent for your clones. If you can max it out. The 2x4 tents are I think 60" tall. Cheap too.

Ponky

Ponky

I was told with the 4x4 grow tent i could grow 4 plants, possibly yield anywhere from 1lb-3lbs.
I'm just trying to figure out how i can reproduce the same yield since I'm limited with space.
Yield VS. Time is what matters. You get your clones going in a propagation unit. And you pre veg them jn the small tent..and transfer them over when they're big enough. 2x 4 needs just a flourescent fixture. Like a 4 tube T5HO. And the clones need a desk lamp basically.
20211203 155954

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Do a 4x4. And a shorter 2x4 tent for your clones. If you can max it out. The 2x4 tents are I think 60" tall. Cheap too.
i still think that 1st tent was better. you get 2 in 1 and can always be turned into a mother tent with clones since they be running the same light cycle.

Ponky

Ponky

i still think that 1st tent was better. you get 2 in 1 and can always be turned into a mother tent with clones since they be running the same light cycle.
In think he is out of space. Can only fit a 4x4 and a smaller shorter tent. Sloped ceiling.

Top Bottom