Clone Update

• Thread starter Stumpy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Alright another update! The two rooted clones drank some water and left the unrooted clones thirsty. Had to add some water to raise it to the bottom of the plugs. Plants drink alot that's for sure! The four in the cups are hanging in there pretty well, no signs of stress or anything yet. My uncle told me I could bake soil to clean and disinfect it from bugs and larvae? He said add some peat moss to help it retain moisture after baking it in the oven. Anyone that is old school, have you ever done this?
I put bags of soil into an old pillow case. Then I cut them open at the top, put it in a cooler standing upright. I pour 3 gallons of boiling water as fast as possible into the soil. This kills fungus gnats and thrips for sure in the soil. I keep the bag of soil in the pillow case and keep it closed to keep out egg laying flyers. Have found that clones love being rooted in the warm soil.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I microwaved the soil...

So on another clone update, the clones I took in veg are showing their lady parts, in 24 hours of light. I was under the impression this plant is regular and not an automatic flowering plant.
The clones I took in flower look like the parts they had grew larger, and I can see some single leaflets growing.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

So, not much of an update, but how do you top a clone that looks like this? Will it be grow out? It was taken in flower, so I was gonna try and go for a small sog. I've never monster cropped before so I need some help. I got them in veg now, and I need to know what do to get an even canopy.
20151122 114842

20151121 195657

20151121 195657
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

ok so I haven't been back to my own update forum, but here is my update.
1453691118122 1033321343

I was having 2 problems. it was taking too long too root. and they were eating themselves. caused from excessive light. too much light promotes too much growth and they won't root. I mean they really will but it would take forever. that's what took so long the last round. I learned that if you give them too much light, they will photosynthisize and grow faster than they can uptake nutrients. now I have them in a fish tank with a heater mat and a plastic bag over the top with one cfl hanging up high instead of as close as possible. within 3 days of the switch I am seeing root pimply's. hopefully I sped up my slow cloning process!

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I have very good luck with rockwool cubes, a tray, a heat mat, and a 4ft 2 tube t8 shop light. Strikes are very good prob 90-95%. I used to use a dome but found out I didn't need it as long as there warm and I watered the Moms a few hours before I cut them.

-lurkin

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Alright starting another clone run of the big chipper! this time I'm going to see the difference in how long it takes a top to root compared to a cut taken from the middle and bottom, all taken at the same time.

tops, middles, and bottoms, from left to right.
1455119753157 1160599379

I will let you all know what roots the fastest!

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

The thing I hate about lower cuts is the stem is so small. Much less surface area to start popping roots.

Gl brother
-lurkin

Top Bottom