Cloner disaster, advise needed

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
SO long story short- the pump in my clonermachine did not run for almost 24 hours and the clones were decimated. Couple questions and issues-

Plants that clones came from are all about 12 days into flower now. I took some more cuts and will try to root and then reveg these. Will reveg of the clones take away from final product?

Some clones were very badly beat up and apear to be recovering. This was extreme stress. Is the end product going to be affected for generations? Should i try to get new seeds and not bother with keeping clones this time round? Or once these recover will they be as good as new so to speak?

Rough weekend. Turned out my lone FireBubba was more male than female and tossed that trannie then had this pump catastrophe...:headbang

Anyother feedback or advice let me know (advice or advise?)

JB

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
you unplug it to take some clones out or to put some new ones in? then forget to plug it back in? i do this alot and surprisingly the ones that start to recover turn out fine. i have taken clones off of plants up to the last weeks of lower like 5-7 weeks. the earlier the better but they will all reveg. what they do at 1st is spit some weird webbed leaves. looks kinda like the N.O. Saints football team logo. then about a week or 2 later you will start to see single bladed leaves thats when you know its re-vegged. after 3-10 days it will start to shoot out normal leaves from this point. the whole process takes about a month to 6 weeks. also the clones seem to root pretty easy.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
also i don't think re-vegging really hurts a plant in anyway. I have read an article by DJ Short were he talks about his selection process. In it he goes on to say that if he has a few plants he has narrowed it down to that are so close to each other. what he then does is bloom them out and then re-veg them. the ones that respond the fastest is the ones he keeps because they are more photosensitive.

S

scrapiron

10-4 on that. I have revegged plants, cuttings that were in flower, and plants that were in flower. No difference in final product. Sometimes you will see a difference in plant structure, but weight and potency is there in the end.

G

Gro

i'v had similar disasters but its amazing how resilient this lil weed is.loss of time worries me more than loss of vitality.K.T. i gotta get that article by short.thats a brilliant technique.

MARTA

MARTA

you unplug it to take some clones out or to put some new ones in? then forget to plug it back in? i do this alot and surprisingly the ones that start to recover turn out fine. i have taken clones off of plants up to the last weeks of lower like 5-7 weeks. the earlier the better but they will all reveg. what they do at 1st is spit some weird webbed leaves. looks kinda like the N.O. Saints football team logo. then about a week or 2 later you will start to see single bladed leaves thats when you know its re-vegged. after 3-10 days it will start to shoot out normal leaves from this point. the whole process takes about a month to 6 weeks. also the clones seem to root pretty easy.

Thanks for the info...

I took some cuts @ 15 days of 12/12 recently...

Glad to know the 3 fingered and 1 fingered leaves are a good sign.

GREEN & HEALTHY! :winking0067:

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
you unplug it to take some clones out or to put some new ones in? then forget to plug it back in?...

Ha ha! Totally. Unplugged and forgot to plug it back in... so dumb... anyway, thanks for the feedback guys.

JayBee

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for the info...

I took some cuts @ 15 days of 12/12 recently...

Glad to know the 3 fingered and 1 fingered leaves are a good sign.

GREEN & HEALTHY! :winking0067:
Those leaves are a sign that the plant is 'confused' about what stage of growth it's to be in. New growth is a good sign, that type of growth indicates confusion--am I flowering or vegging? Increasing photoperiod will bring on the usual 5-9 lobed leaves.

B

billybadazz

Ha ha! Totally. Unplugged and forgot to plug it back in... so dumb... anyway, thanks for the feedback guys.

JayBee

I did that shit with my power cloner 165 and came back after the weekend and almost cried at the crispy leftovers......good news though I won't be doing that shit again. live and learn bro. -BB

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
thats a real bummer man. I forget things a lot >>>>That seems like something I would forget to do:giggle<<<<prob one of the reasons I still do rockwool cubes.

gtd:passingjoint:

P

paulycali

you should be alright jaybee! the only i wouldnt do is make a mother plant out of them. all in all the plants should end up fine. i've had friends with the shittiest ugliest looking clones and they came out just fine. what i was told was that as long as the root system is white and full of life the plant will be fine in the end. its all about the roots!

MARTA

MARTA

Those leaves are a sign that the plant is 'confused' about what stage of growth it's to be in. New growth is a good sign, that type of growth indicates confusion--am I flowering or vegging? Increasing photoperiod will bring on the usual 5-9 lobed leaves.

Sorry, forgot to say that they are putting out 7's now. :)

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
you should be alright jaybee! the only i wouldnt do is make a mother plant out of them. all in all the plants should end up fine. i've had friends with the shittiest ugliest looking clones and they came out just fine. what i was told was that as long as the root system is white and full of life the plant will be fine in the end. its all about the roots!

Well, that is kind of part of my question. If they are just fine why cant they be moms? I took 3 cuts of each plant, one for mom and other two for next round (if all three root). The orig plants from seed are in flower already... (these are Chemdog D s1 seeds)

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

Just take new cuts. Once they root just keep them under the light and in the machine and let them grow until they are too big for the machine. They should grow faster in the machine and out of flowering and into veg.

M

MASSES 420KING

when im just starting a new mother from clone i take my clones from the flowering room from plants that are still in stretch [the 1st 2 weeks of 12/12] and have never had an issue with vigor,yield, or potency i say go for it and since you got an aero rooter rock them out a lil longer in that fucker and when you flower them theyll let you no you did the rite thing

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Just take new cuts. Once they root just keep them under the light and in the machine and let them grow until they are too big for the machine. They should grow faster in the machine and out of flowering and into veg.

what he said

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Ok, that is the plan, thanks guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom