Cloner Question

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tattoojim

bonticare power clone

the only hydro shop near me is an hour and twenty mins away. tryn to work with what i got till i can down there. you r the second person that has recomended that stuff. i will try it as soon as i can pick it up.

T

tattoojim

i took this clone for a mother. she was almost 2 weeks into flower. wow she turned into a f n bush. im take n these new cuts off her.

0423111310 01
A

AliasAO

its been a couple hours and there is no signs of droopy leaves. if this works out for me:harvest: this was so much cheaper than the real thing. i will have pics in the afternoon.

Im interested to see the pics.

How much did it end up costing you to make the cloner??

T

tattoojim

Im interested to see the pics.

How much did it end up costing you to make the cloner??

i think that i have like sixty dollars in it. the pump was the most expensive part. b back with some pics....

D

dank_

After time, I began getting crappy results from my EZcloner. I'm pretty sure the pucks need to be replaced. Never did it because they're over $1 and I need 60.
I use Root Riot and will not switch back, even with the best results from the cloner.

T

tattoojim

here it is...i think when i make another one it will b bigger and more refined lol

0429111037 00
0429111038 00
0429111038 01
T

tattoojim

After time, I began getting crappy results from my EZcloner. I'm pretty sure the pucks need to be replaced. Never did it because they're over $1 and I need 60.
I use Root Riot and will not switch back, even with the best results from the cloner.

is that the plug for the hole that the clones sit in..

A

AliasAO

mat not be the prettiest but if it works and only cost $60 its money WELL spent.

Are those pieces off a water floatiee you cut up for the pucks (blue)?

I

IVIars

One more for Power Cloner. Ive done a side by side with the same plants and same systems, and the Power Cloner rooted faster than clonex. Turn your pump on 15min, off 15min. Help keep the temps in check. Or 1 min on 4 min off. Been using Power Cloner for years with good results.

Check out a thread by Jackmayoffer about cloning

T

tattoojim

mat not be the prettiest but if it works and only cost $60 its money WELL spent.

Are those pieces off a water floatiee you cut up for the pucks (blue)?

lol yeah...was the floatie a bsd idea? just checked my water temp im kinda worried lollipopman said keep it under 72. im running dead nuts at 72.

T

tattoojim

One more for Power Cloner. Ive done a side by side with the same plants and same systems, and the Power Cloner rooted faster than clonex. Turn your pump on 15min, off 15min. Help keep the temps in check. Or 1 min on 4 min off. Been using Power Cloner for years with good results.

Check out a thread by Jackmayoffer about cloning

temp might b my issue right now..i have a couple differnt timers on hand,checkn to see if i can set a timer on my pump. thats a nogo on the timers.:worried

T

tattoojim

:harvest:wish me luck guys, i filled the rest of the holes up with cuts

T

tattoojim

update on the clones.....i havent lost any yet 9/9.but the stalks are kinda turning purple. is this something i should worry about? they are standing tall though

St3ve

St3ve

They are cheaper when you buy in bulk, I get 64 packs for $25

but anyway, I use the same pucks till they are too used to hold the clone anymore and have never had a prob so i'm guessing that the pucks prob weren't your issue.

St3ve

St3ve

.. lollipopman said keep it under 72. im running dead nuts at 72.

That is true once you've popped roots. Up until then you want the water warmer than the room temp. Higher temps are good to get things moving. Once you see some decent roots coming out THEN put it on a timer to get the temps down. Plus, the dry periods will encourage faster root development.

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it, its going to take at least a few weeks. You cut those clones from a plant 2 weeks into flower. It always takes longer when you do that.

Next time try and cut them from a plant still in veg if you can, will save you much time.

T

tattoojim

That is true once you've popped roots. Up until then you want the water warmer than the room temp. Higher temps are good to get things moving. Once you see some decent roots coming out THEN put it on a timer to get the temps down. Plus, the dry periods will encourage faster root development.

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it, its going to take at least a few weeks. You cut those clones from a plant 2 weeks into flower. It always takes longer when you do that.

Next time try and cut them from a plant still in veg if you can, will save you much time.

thanks man that's some good info. only thing you missed is that the 2 weeks into flower cuttings were during the last grow - the mother from which i am now taking cuttings is one of those (she did take way longer to grow, but made a hell of a bush). she's strictly veg though, so the cuttings should root faster. 3 of the 9 current cuttings are from a lemon og that was in flower 3 days at most before i took the cuttings.

they're 1 and 2 days old...still rigid, looking good. :)

no one has adressed what may be causing my stems to turn purple?

Top Bottom