**clones*£•*¥*. Nothing Is Cloning! Help Or I'm Screwed

• Thread starter Green miled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Green miled

Hi guys. I have my plants all in Flower beginning of week 3. I need clones and have gone 1 for 30. I have 1 last try to cut clones and keep my genetics that I really need. I have a 5 gallon 12 Site cloner and a root riot tray and cubes with dome. I have used both over repeatedly and have gotten no results. The cloner and tray have been cleaned regularly. Clones are dipped in clone ex then put in either. What are your guys go best way for cloning? I really need some help because I suck at it. Any tips, advice, anything before I try to take my last cuts

907debow1234

907debow1234

Are you taking your cuttings from the budding plants??
Be sure you water before you take clones, and be easy an gentle no hard pinches or finger grabs, also after you cut your clone from plant.. then before you dip in your clone mix (I use powder) .. I cut all the ends of every leaf.. doesn't have to be to half the leaf.. but at least the tip...
Cut stem at 45 degree angle. For a new base of your clone. And then quickly dip in water. Or air bubbles can make their way into the stem an clog the flow of life... then make sure the clones are no where near intense light these first few days... and just with a water bottle if needed to keep Em wet. And when. You stick them in cubes be gentle an don't squish the medium around the stem. Only the bare cutting at bottom is what matters..
Best of luck

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Are you taking your cuttings from the budding plants??
Be sure you water before you take clones, and be easy an gentle no hard pinches or finger grabs, also after you cut your clone from plant.. then before you dip in your clone mix (I use powder) .. I cut all the ends of every leaf.. doesn't have to be to half the leaf.. but at least the tip...
Cut stem at 45 degree angle. For a new base of your clone. And then quickly dip in water. Or air bubbles can make their way into the stem an clog the flow of life... then make sure the clones are no where near intense light these first few days... and just with a water bottle if needed to keep Em wet. And when. You stick them in cubes be gentle an don't squish the medium around the stem. Only the bare cutting at bottom is what matters..
Best of luck
Temperature and humidity is also very important. I run 75-78f at 60-70% humidity. I use a humidifier to keep it constant. Make sure your cleaning the pump.

H

heisen

If your using rapid root cubes make sure they are moist but not wet.Also put them in a low light place.I discovered putting clones in rapid roots and keeping them somewhat dry and away from direct light they will all set roots and pretty fast.Also you can cut below a node and stick that in.Cloning use to be pain in ass for me but now i can get em really easy.I switched to DWC and now use an aeroponic cloner and get 100 percent withpout even trying.I cloned some full flowering autos for shits and giggz and they all grew roots.Put them in cups and grew 4 inch autos LOL and they went full term.

lino

lino

I dont hear peep talk it about it much,,, but do all the mentioned points and sterilize the cuts also.

if it is new genetics separate the clone trays by strains. Just in case pathogen break out. If I see some like a tiny mildew spot on any of the clones, That clone box will go in trash and that strain will come under great scrutiny and observation.

lino

lino

I think one of the biggest things missed ONCE you have a successful cloning procedure is the moon cuttings. DOCUMENT! DOCUMENT! not just dates but the moon cycle. You will find that your clones will root entirely different in different moons. Observer
Full moon, what about cuts on the no moon... you'll find that cuts taken at certain times of the year will increase your future CROP yields and vigor, You can make your garden stronger and stronger or watch and read on threads about mother plants diminishing on this site,,, mother to clone on a bad moon cycle and the clone Might be weaker than a healthy mother. and if it continues your clones, C!-C2-C3 thru tie will grow slower and if on the wrong cycle the next clones grow slower crop after crop, and this takes many years to see it happen so its hard to see and document what is happening to genetics with age.. This really holds true with certain strains.

lino

lino

many gangly tall sativa ad some indica can be harder to clone... Start with something strong genes like good ol Durban Poison or something that will almost clone in a cup of water, Dial your cloning in, Each time trying a new approach at cloning the hard to clone strain

Latest posts

Top Bottom