Clones are looking pretty bad

• Thread starter Dutchstoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dutchstoner

Dutchstoner

Hi all, this being my first post, still learning about clones. I’ve bought 8 clones of which 2 are dying. What can I do with the rest to keep em alive? I use water from dehydrator. They’re 2 weeks old now. Last week added a little milk and spinach leaves. They contain potassium calcium and magnesium, elements that are low in the relatively cheap supermarket soil. Temp is around 65-70. I also use a root warming pad.

Clones are looking pretty bad
Clones are looking pretty bad 2
422src

422src

Hi all, this being my first post, still learning about clones. I’ve bought 8 clones of which 2 are dying. What can I do with the rest to keep em alive? I use water from dehydrator. They’re 2 weeks old now. Last week added a little milk and spinach leaves. They contain potassium calcium and magnesium, elements that are low in the relatively cheap supermarket soil. Temp is around 65-70. I also use a root warming pad.
Marijuana Deficiency Chart

May be helpful in diagnosis

422src

422src

I think the roots should be cool. When I first started I used cheap soil with the same results. Since then I'v used Fox Farms - Happy Frog soil. A little expensive but great results.

Dutchstoner

Dutchstoner

Hkw old are they? Can you give some history and details about the conditions?
About 2 weeks now. Had a dome first few days. Now just under 100W fluorescent without dome. Mixed true living outdoors professional potting mix (with fertilizer) and vermiculite. Dehumidifier water. No fan yet, i don't want to dry them out. Looking at the pic in the post after yours, I think I'll need more nitrogen. Will add horse shit compost to the water.

Dutchstoner

Dutchstoner

I think the roots should be cool. When I first started I used cheap soil with the same results. Since then I'v used Fox Farms - Happy Frog soil. A little expensive but great results.
I'll try that! In the Netherlands I used Canna product line.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
water from a dehydrator?
you put milk and spinach leaves in the soil?
where’s that soil from from? brand?

Dutchstoner

Dutchstoner

water from a dehydrator?
you put milk and spinach leaves in the soil?
where’s that soil from from? brand?
Soil is "true living outdoors professional potting mix (with fertilizer)" and vermiculite. Dehumidifier water, mixed with milk and cut up spinach leaves.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Soil is "true living outdoors professional potting mix (with fertilizer)" and vermiculite. Dehumidifier water, mixed with milk and cut up spinach leaves.
sounds like a recipe for disaster.
just use normal water, your soil has fertilizer in it..
roots are probably not getting enough oxygen, as one of your issues.

Dutchstoner

Dutchstoner

sounds like a recipe for disaster.
just use normal water, your soil has fertilizer in it..
roots are probably not getting enough oxygen, as one of your issues.
Thx 4 thinking with me.
I'll have to pH test the water, it's pumped up from the middle of the CA Delta.
Will try Foxfarms Happy Frog. Hopefully, after I transplant the poor things, oxygen will not be a problem.
Previously I used perlite, and Dutch potting soil which is much darker, finer and contains N+P+Mg+K (we call potasium 'kalium').
RIP Bunny Wailer.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thx 4 thinking with me.
I'll have to pH test the water, it's pumped up from the middle of the CA Delta.
Will try Foxfarms Happy Frog. Hopefully, after I transplant the poor things, oxygen will not be a problem.
Previously I used perlite, and Dutch potting soil which is much darker, finer and contains N+P+Mg+K (we call potasium 'kalium').
RIP Bunny Wailer.
RIP Bunny!!
much ❤️
Masta Rasta!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Dutch , I would recommend adding about 20 % perlite to your mix , young roots and clones need really good drainage and adding the perlite will help a lot with that , forget the shit addition and start to think less is more , most people who look to supplements and nutrients to save cuttings and seedlings usually kill them with too much love ......

Latest posts

Top Bottom