Clones beginning to fade!!!???

• Thread starter Islander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Islander

My clones were looking absolutely great for a couple of weeks but now seem to be fading. At what point should I turn off the heat pad?? When should I be opening vents?? They seem to be baking in there. I did forget to PH when I fed them once and they got a feeding at about 7 when they are usually 5.8-6. They look wilty, showing some yellowing at the top and several have outright died having gone mucky brown.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you have roots showing yet after 2 weeks??? your right they are baking in there>>>If you have it to moist, to hot and humid. Pretty soon you will be pulling out soggy mush if you keep em like that>>>>
You shouldn't have to water during rooting>>>>they keep themselves wet by the dome itself>>>>During rooting I only need to feed once or twice. I feed clones full strength.
Them heat pads are to hot by themselves>>> Put a down a towel underneath the tray:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

B

bluetooth

ive never needed a heat pad to do my clones.all ways had 100% rooting rate
i normally put them in a propergator with vents closed.
then when they have been in there in a week i open the vents
but my light does all the heat i need
ive watched freinds useing heat pads and they seem to muck up on there clones
i might be wrong but eveyone has there own way of doing things
good luck

S

sirsmokealot

I would never use a heat pad without getting the thermostat and setting it at 78, otherwise your just gonna cook your clones

I

Inuit

^^^Ding ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

I would follow this advice, or better yet, don't use the heat pad, and just make sure the tray isn't sitting directly on the floor.

This will keep it just a degree or two above room temp

I

C

ColasQueen

^^^Ding ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

I only have success when I use a heating mat (cool where I live). Totally agree with sirsmokealot, I set mine for 78 and works like a charm - I find the 4 T-5 bulbs just don't give off enough heat to penetrate to the stem where I want it nice and cozy warm.
Inuit is correct as well, keep them off floor level.
Happy cloning
Ciao-
CQ

I

Islander

I turned off the heat pad and they are already looking way way way better. They were basically baking in there. I have lost several and there are several more who may or may not come back. I have a couple different root shoots beginning to show through the bottom. How long can I keep them where they are? I am about a week away from harvesting and would like to wait in order to directly replace harvest with new clones a day or two later, after a good cleaning.

powerplant

powerplant

You can keep clones for several months. Just make sure you water and give them a light feeding when the Rockwool starts to dry out.

I

Islander

O.K., so I turn off the heat pad and they really do start to look much better. They have been in for about 3 weeks and have had the vents on the hood open for about 3 days. I am thinking that I want to get them out and into some small pots asap so today I decided tha I would take the hood off and then put them in dirt after a couple of days. I went backed and checked them after a few hours and they were all shrivelled. Looks like i have lost every one of them. Obviously I have the time frame here all wrong!!

S

sirsmokealot

I find that unless the clones has several good roots coming out of the cube then its not ready to be taken out of the dome yet. Even still it should be done it stages, take the lid of of the dome for an hour, see if any wilt, if they do then throw the dome back on and, try again the next day. When i transplant my clones into keg cups i immediately water them so the moisture from the coco will keep the humidity up some. Then after an hour of them being out of the dome and in keg cups I'll check on them and usually there's one that is wilted and i throw it back in a dome for a day or two.

I

Islander

Well I did put the dome back on a bunch of them (but certainly not all, maybe half anyway) have come back. They all have some droopy or dead leaves now though. Should I trim these deadish leaves off now? In some cases this would leave only the very small brand new growth left.

Top Bottom