Clones clones

• Thread starter OftheEarth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Had clones for 2 weeks now..think they are rooting, they are reaching up for sunlight, just not growing at all really. Give em more time?

Never had su chess we clones, seeds are where it's at.....but was told that of clones......please help. Keeping moist, using rootsX and great white and ph at 7. They just aren't doing....anything.......

They are in their good, gave a tug and they are rooting still maybe???

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For sunlight...? Where do you have these clones, and under what kind of lighting? You know that if you give them too much light they're going to try to grow leaves and not roots, right? If you can't tug them out, yes, they're rooting. Giving too much light (or rooting a plant that's already in flower, for another example) makes rooting take longer.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Pushed back even further from light..... Hope that helps and thanks for the info!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are they the only thing under the T5? if so, unscrew some bulbs and put the clones toward one end of the bulbs, where the output is lowest.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

There is another plant that is booming so just moved away from the light and out of the reflective area with the light being so low and it only being a t5.

Think the halide should go in or wait a bit until the clones take off?

One more thing, is the rootX and great white cool to use or just go with RO h2O?

alpinehi

alpinehi

A general rule 0f thumb is that it takes about 2 weeks for your clones to root. Of course some strains can do this at a more rapid pace. I generally wait at least 10 days before i'll transplant any of my clones out of my cloner. So you shouldn't really be experiencing rapid growth at the moment, as most of the action is happing in the root system. Once things get established, they should explode. I generally use the great white when I transplant, sprinkle some on the bottom of the new soil in the new container so that it is in direct contact with the roots. Your instincts are correct, I would wait for the MH until the plants have started to grow a bit, maybe another week or two. And yes, if you have the time and space clones are for sure the way to go. Consistency, consistency, consistency.
For reference here are a couple of photos of my most recent round of clones. They are under a T5. They have been out of the cloner a little more than a week (except for the one large lady, she is about 3-4 weeks out of the cloner and could handle the MH). They are just starting to take off.
Clones
Clones 2

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

That looks great. Ya just got a few clones form a buddy and they were soaked in rockwool, so after they dried for 3 days I fed them lightly. Now have a bubble over them to increase humidity. They don't look as good as those.... Ill get a pic and put it up later on..... Tanks for the feedback

They we rooted in the rockwool, just waiting for them to root in the soil.... I guess that's the best way to put it.... I put them right in a 3 gallon smart pot a I know they are ladies. So now just giving a little mist over the bubble to increase humidity and block some light even more.

Thnk that's the way to go t this point? They are like 3 nodes high, only being able to see 2 as the first set had to be placed in the medium and the rockwool...so had to cover it up. There is a little yellowing on the new growth, as slow as it is, but that's a good thing, right, they are using N to grow?? U da man clone masta! Cheers mate!

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Pics with what working with. The bushy one is 5 plants in one....given as a gift thru a buddy thru a buddy thru a buddy so no one knows where it needed up. I was planning on letting them veg for a while, determine male or female, rip the males out, then re transplant the females..... Think that's good?

Pics of the experiment are......

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Sorry for the dupes and upside down shots....hope you can get an idea of what's going on.l.l ya the clones look shitty..... That's the help needed mate! Cheer and gracias!

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

A general rule 0f thumb is that it takes about 2 weeks for your clones to root. Of course some strains can do this at a more rapid pace. I generally wait at least 10 days before i'll transplant any of my clones out of my cloner. So you shouldn't really be experiencing rapid growth at the moment, as most of the action is happing in the root system. Once things get established, they should explode. I generally use the great white when I transplant, sprinkle some on the bottom of the new soil in the new container so that it is in direct contact with the roots. Your instincts are correct, I would wait for the MH until the plants have started to grow a bit, maybe another week or two. And yes, if you have the time and space clones are for sure the way to go. Consistency, consistency, consistency.
For reference here are a couple of photos of my most recent round of clones. They are under a T5. They have been out of the cloner a little more than a week (except for the one large lady, she is about 3-4 weeks out of the cloner and could handle the MH). They are just starting to take off.
View attachment 315179View attachment 315180
Urs is just sick awesome. Need tolern clones!

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Sorry for the upside down shots..... Please any advice you have mate appreciated much!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Use the edit feature on your phone, rotate the photos.

I say take the humidity domes off, they don't serve any good purpose. Wait on the metal halide until they're rooted. Take off the dying leaves.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Ahhh good thinkin. Ok. Thank you. Think they are rooted in the soil?

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

What do you think about the 5 that are in one container? Switch them out now or when see sex? Afraid the roots will mess it all up...

alpinehi

alpinehi

You would have been better off keeping them separate instead of putting all five into one container, no harm no foul though. If you can I would try to give them their own container to grow in. If the roots haven't progressed too far you should be able to tease them apart into the individual plants, and then repot them separately. Are all of those clones? Are the clones proven, or are you testing some stuff? The only reason I ask is because of your uncertainty about the sex. You rarely would clone a male plant. If your clones are from a reputable source that source should have been able to tell you the genetics and certainly wouldn't slip you a male clone unless you were working on a breeding project or something.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

You would have been better off keeping them separate instead of putting all five into one container, no harm no foul though. If you can I would try to give them their own container to grow in. If the roots haven't progressed too far you should be able to tease them apart into the individual plants, and then repot them separately. Are all of those clones? Are the clones proven, or are you testing some stuff? The only reason I ask is because of your uncertainty about the sex. You rarely would clone a male plant. If your clones are from a reputable source that source should have been able to tell you the genetics and certainly wouldn't slip you a male clone unless you were working on a breeding project or something.
Clones came from a reputable source for sure, were rooted in rockwool, The other plants in one container wee given as well, in one little box plastic shit container.... So thought that let them gt well established and have a little space issue. Can fit 2 less than if all 7 were female. So.... There's def a male in there as they are larger now, can see the balls for sure, so might risk it and be able to maybe squeeze into the space. It's a little personal room. Is about the hobby and seeing the plant grow and knowing that there's a reason they grow so good....... Finally got a calcium supplement so that's taken the red outta the veins and promoted growth although has immobilized a bit the N so got and N booster.... All good...... Yea wish ther was a little more space. That's the problem with switching all into each container now... Thanks for help!

Top Bottom