Clones- do they finish faster?

• Thread starter Springerguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Springerguy

Springerguy

I have been growing and experimenting with clones, I got it half way figured out, and understand the clone takes on the age of its mom.I have also noticed they take off in flower much faster than seed, they produce well but not as good as seed. They all seem to have the same problems- and finish about the same.. My question is do you find they finish faster- Ok- like a seed says to flower for 56-65 days, so you hit 12/12 and off you go- when it gets close you might be a week out, maybe 10 days, BUT the clones from 12/12 are done at 45-50 days? Reason I ask is Ive been runnning the same type of clone for about 3 grows, and they seem to be faster than the original mom was once introduced to 12/12, and they seem to start flowering faster than seed...What gives ami I smoking too much of the product????

growsince79

growsince79

I have been growing and experimenting with clones, I got it half way figured out, and understand the clone takes on the age of its mom.I have also noticed they take off in flower much faster than seed, they produce well but not as good as seed. They all seem to have the same problems- and finish about the same.. My question is do you find they finish faster- Ok- like a seed says to flower for 56-65 days, so you hit 12/12 and off you go- when it gets close you might be a week out, maybe 10 days, BUT the clones from 12/12 are done at 45-50 days? Reason I ask is Ive been runnning the same type of clone for about 3 grows, and they seem to be faster than the original mom was once introduced to 12/12, and they seem to start flowering faster than seed...What gives ami I smoking too much of the product????
It depends on how old the original was when you flip the lights. If you flip 2 weeks after sprout, it might be 3 weeks until you see plstils. The same plant flipped at 6 weeks might start in two weeks. Flipped at 6 months, it might start in 2 days.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Clones from mature plants will normally start flowering sooner after flip compared to seed plants because they are fully mature already. Unless the seed plants are quite mature, like 6 weeks+ old.

Springerguy

Springerguy

It depends on how old the original was when you flip the lights. If you flip 2 weeks after sprout, it might be 3 weeks until you see plstils. The same plant flipped at 6 weeks might start in two weeks. Flipped at 6 months, it might start in 2 days.
so in reality it CAN finish faster,due to starting to flower almost immediately?

growsince79

growsince79

so in reality it CAN finish faster,due to starting to flower almost immediately?
It CAN also finsh faster depending on growing conditions. If you feed bloom nutes starting at flip, it will finish faster than if you feed grow nutes. Hours of darkness also affects things. I can take a 8-9 week strain and give her 13 hrs light and grow nutes to make it a 11 or 12 week finisher.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

There is also some light manipulation you can do to affect trichombes ripening speed.
if you are at 7 weeks of a 9 weaker switch to eight hours of light instead of 12 you’ll notice increased milky density in the trichombes

RR1

RR1

Yes you are, time to cut back. ;)

Metell74

Metell74

You have asked the question that has been screwing with my head for the last 2 grows. Like you I have a female mother and her clones ( Harybro ) are to me done in 42 days. Under the USB her trichs are cloudy and shit loads of Amber. I chopped a nug off on day 38 and smoked it just and its a couchlocker,,, for sure.. So i like a bit more of a lively high so WTF chop at day 30. i can post pictures , when i can move again of her trichs and pistils.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Well I know the mother I'm flowering at 7 weeks was no where near where her clone is at 3 weeks flowering so I do expect a slightly faster finish idk? They both started really budding 17 days after flip

Metell74

Metell74

Well I know the mother I'm flowering at 7 weeks was no where near where her clone is at 3 weeks flowering so I do expect a slightly faster finish idk? They both started really budding 17 days after flip

WIN 20210319 03 45 54 Pro
Snapshot2021 0319 000319
Metell74

Metell74

This a bottom branch that snapped on off when the damn fan fell on her as I was defoliating. Excuse the bug on the trich picture.. These have got a way to go i think, one of her twins is showing loads more amber.

Top Bottom