Clones Drying Out (fixable?)

• Thread starter bear.bp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bear.bp

So I'm using the most basic setup... Rockwool cubes water and humidity try/dome. I took the cuts about 7 days ago now, they're all mostly still looking pretty good, but I don't think they've rooted yet, or have just barely started. My cubes are getting a bit dry though and I'm wondering if there's a way I can get them wet again without messing up the clone itself. I've already lost 4 from drying out.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yes water them with clonex or something, never let them completely dry out. You'll mess them up if they are dry not wet.

B

bear.bp

Yes water them with clonex or something, never let them completely dry out. You'll mess them up if they are dry not wet.

I'm using this stuff called Bonetone Rooting Powder. I'm not sure if its water soluble though. How would I go about watering them, should i just dip the cube into water for a few seconds and let it soak, or use a spray bottle and spray the cubes?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I soak my trays for like 10 mins then dump water. I wouldn't use rooting powder anymore. Something like clonex is light for clones. If they are dry just get them some water so they don't die. You should be getting roots in the next few days. I leave my domes on until roots are showing but everyday take the dome of for 15 min to gets some air. After you have roots you can start taking your dome off longer or get them in dirt. Just never let them dry out. I usually give them some kind of water 1-2 twice a week with some misting in between.

Latest posts

Top Bottom