Clones from Craigslist?

• Thread starter jigilous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jigilous

I'm looking for some good genetics for an upcoming grow and don't have the time for seeds.

Locally I see ads on craigslist for clones and am wondering if anyone here has experience purchasing via craigslist.

Thanks!

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I wouldn't buy marbles from craigslist, clones nevertheless.

//I would ask the seller a ton of questions before giving him any
money what so ever. Remember trust no one.

//I just looked that your in Cali, so there are higher chances of
being legit.:pimp:

I

ibTheMan

Nope dont do it, i did it once all i got was not great weed and PM, not cool.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
//I wouldn't buy marbles from craigslist, clones nevertheless.

//I would ask the seller a ton of questions before giving him any
money what so ever. Remember trust no one.

//I just looked that your in Cali, so there are higher chances of
being legit.:pimp:
I have gotten the following from CL:
My motorcycle
Hubby's (now sold) fixer CX500 "potential ratbike"
Trash compactor
Railroad ties
Laughs (Best of CL)
Siding from which we built a large shed, and have lots more to build a well-house and more sheds
Wood
A trailer for towing "stuff"

My sister has gotten three kitchens completely outfitted just with CL-sourced stuff--ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, garbage disposals, all the wood for her decks, plants, motorcycles, furniture, the list goes on and on.

Hubby just sold two motorcycles in two consecutive weekends by advertising on CL.

Things you can't sell on CL would be jewelry and high end electronics because ALL you get for responses are fucking scammers.

Love CL, just gotta be as careful with it as you would be anything else. But to buy clones? I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole, I would grow out bagseed first. Why? Too many bust possibilities.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

You're most likely not going to get busted on CL. But, you might get ripped off. By ripped off I don't just mean with a gun, although the potential is there. The biggest problem with using CL for clones is the likelihood that what you're getting is mislabeled/fake/male/diseased/infested. It's worth it to MAKE the time to start from seed if you don't know your clone source well and have an established relationship.

J

jigilous

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I'm not soo much worried about being busted as I'm legal but there is always the danger of some violence or being robbed.

I was germinating some Tahoe OG seeds and ruined a whole pack by keeping my humidity dome on my tray and allowing the temps to get too high. Trying to make up for lost time by picking up some clones for this round.

I've got my eye on some Alaskan Thunderfuck and some Gods Gift I've seen on craigslist.

I've gotten garbage genetics from the dispensaries around here along with PM, Spider mites and Fungus gnats which is why I'm looking on CL.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I was in a pinch last fall after burning my babies by dunking them in improperly mixed neem oil solution. Answered a Craigslist add for clones. Dude had like 20 strain choices. I decided on Fire OG, Tahoe OG and White Rhino.

First of all, I had to drive to LAX area to meet the guy. We had agreed upon meeting at 1 pm at a gas station. At 12:45 (I'm already there) I get a text saying, " I have to meet with my attourney, lets make it like 3 pm. I was pissed! But I had lready driven over an hour to get there so I just bit the bullet and walked around Venice beach for a couple of hours.

Of course the guy didn't actually get there until 3:30. He assured me the clones were clean. They looked very healthy so I believed him and didn't spray them for anything when I got home. Believe it or not, they were clean and I had no bug or mold issues.

Problem was all 3 turned out to be very weak in potency, smell, and taste. They were absolutley not Tahoe and Fire OG. The White Rhino was White Rhino, but a weak ass strain to say the least. All plants were grown perfectly next to my SFV OG which came out super sticky and smelly.

Don't do it man...I got lucky and didn't infest my grow with someone elses bugs. I've heard stories though bro... And how much of a F-up must you have to be to have to try and sell clones on CL? There are much easier and less dangerous ways to make money on the plant than engage in shady clone selling on CL.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I honestly don't see how it's not the same (with regard to reliability of genetics) when going with some schmoe from CL. At that point I have to land with the others who say to go with popping your own seeds to find the stock, assuming you can't do what I've been able to do. Someone shares some good toke with me, so I inquire about acquiring it. Sometimes they can help me out, others not, but I try to keep it in mind whenever someone's sharing. So far, so good.

Just like when you see someone with tats you like, ask them where they got them.

MEGA956

MEGA956

I honestly don't see how it's not the same (with regard to reliability of genetics) when going with some schmoe from CL. At that point I have to land with the others who say to go with popping your own seeds to find the stock, assuming you can't do what I've been able to do. Someone shares some good toke with me, so I inquire about acquiring it. Sometimes they can help me out, others not, but I try to keep it in mind whenever someone's sharing. So far, so good.

Just like when you see someone with tats you like, ask them where they got them.

//ITS NOT THE SAME!

//You cant compare microwaves and motorcycles to clones bro.
There is a higher chance of being scammed by someone selling
clones than someone who is selling a toaseter or slushie-maker.

:cool0044:

bloads

bloads

If you're in San Diego i'll point you in the direction of a craigs lister that worked out well for me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
//ITS NOT THE SAME!

//You cant compare microwaves and motorcycles to clones bro.
There is a higher chance of being scammed by someone selling
clones than someone who is selling a toaseter or slushie-maker.

:cool0044:
Seriously? It's the same. I get you, but I totally disagree. If there's a chance to get crappy clones of questionable genetics going the dispensary route, then there's easily an equal chance of the same going through CL.

More bros! Where's crombien?

Cort

Cort

If you're in San Diego i'll point you in the direction of a craigs lister that worked out well for me.

If he was in San Diego, LA or Bay area there should be no problem finding quality at the friend or dispensary level.

Pop some beans or head off to a known purveyor of quality and take your chances. I'd not take chances on JoeBob's dispensary selling pre-91 chem. Of course its real, think we scamin ya?

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Had to edit this post..... My bad didn't know you were a girl.

//I still wouldnt buy Clones in CL.

J

jigilous

Thanks for all the replies. I'll probably end up at HHCOAK and take my chances with their stock. From my research I should stick to either QB or DHN clones from there.

Should I go ahead and give them a floramite bath and quarantine them just to be safe?

Thanks again.

squarepusher

squarepusher

I have some nice clones if anyone wants, its Spider Mite Kush

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I have some too, there called PowderyMildew OG....lol:giggle

------------------------------
I do NOT have any clones this is a joke.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for all the replies. I'll probably end up at HHCOAK and take my chances with their stock. From my research I should stick to either QB or DHN clones from there.

Should I go ahead and give them a floramite bath and quarantine them just to be safe?

Thanks again.
Include Physan 20 in that, and absolutely DO quarantine.

In the fishkeeping world there's always a huge argument about whether or not QT is useful or more harmful to the fish. After working at a public aquarium (the one in Long Beach) I have learned quite a bit about good QT P&P and will use similar techniques for any new material I get.

Minimum 30 days disease free for the specimen to be considered "clean" and ready to go on display. If disease presents, specimen must be treated while in quarantine and that clock is reset back to zero until the specimen is once again disease free, and it must be able to continue 30 days disease free to go on display. This time table has been derived based on the vast majority of diseases presented in aquatic specimens, very few require more than 30 days to become evident.

If we were talking about fish I would be absolute about QT--it's a MUST.

Latest posts

Top Bottom