Clones from the exact same mother, varied results?

• Thread starter Noworries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noworries

Okay, all plants are given the same nutes/water/light/air/etc etc etc

1 out of 8 clones will produce significantly less than the other 7. (strain is green crack)

I've been running this strain for about a year now, no issues until about 3 harvests ago...since then its averaged 1 out of 8 plants will look like runts. 4 plants per 3x3 table under a 600 HPS. (They are not crowded) For the previous year, they have always ended up very uniform

No pests, no deficiencies, stretches the exact same as the other 8, but when the buds start coming out, they just fall way behind. The other 7 plants will be throwing pistils 3-4 days before it does, and thats the only way I can tell which plant will be the runt of this crop.

They are literally all identical when they go into bloom.

The only MAJOR thing that stands out to me is that it doesnt start throwing pistils when all the others do, it'll be another 3-4 days before it starts putting any pistils out, but even then they are all spaced out and shitty.

Is this maybe the mother giving up on me? The cut was already at least 2 years old when I was gifted it, I've had it a good year, maybe a little longer. I usually replace my mothers every 3-4 months with a clone from the previous mother. Its just weird .... only 12% of the clones are shitty? that doesn't make any sense to me and I've read about people keeping mothers for close to a decade without issue

I am changing to another strain for a few harvests to see if it is in fact the mother, or if its something going on in my room.

Temps are all good, humidity is good, co2 is good, air circulation is good....light is good, this has me stumped

Cort

Cort

Is the runt always in the same spot in the room?

Check irrigation flow, test in some kind of container you can measure against others?

sixstring

sixstring

Do you always take cuts from the same spots on the mom, or is maybe one cut coming from up high or down low?.I have taken clones of clones x 100 or more times for about 5 years now and the plants are still real uniform unless I fuck up with feeds on one.but its not the same as keeping a mother for all that time.

rvd

rvd

I had this prob when I started using aptus.plants would finish weeks apart same mom.i don't know why

N

Noworries

Is the runt always in the same spot in the room?

Check irrigation flow, test in some kind of container you can measure against others?

not ALWAYS, but the past two times yes. I will double check my flows

Do you always take cuts from the same spots on the mom, or is maybe one cut coming from up high or down low?.I have taken clones of clones x 100 or more times for about 5 years now and the plants are still real uniform unless I fuck up with feeds on one.but its not the same as keeping a mother for all that time.

I dont take from the same spot, some do come from the bottom, and wouldnt be "ideal" cuts. Although they do veg at the same rate, I always pick the best clones to run with...but this is something I guess I should try and add to the mix, I hadn't thought of that...probably shouldn't take those pale lower cuts

I had this prob when I started using aptus.plants would finish weeks apart same mom.i don't know why
aptus plant?

Thank you for the replies by the way guys, this has me stumped. I put my probe directly in the runt to see if maybe a micro climate or something I wasn't catching, but everything is spot on

Cort

Cort

not ALWAYS, but the past two times yes. I will double check my flows

My guess is you got an environmental problem, not a plant problem. If it was 100% random id say it is plant, but if its mostly happening in the same spot/area something else is going on.

Check water flow, if you got a light meter check lighting, light leaks, airflow.... who knows, it could be as stupid as this plant getting the old water from the irrigation lines when the new cycle starts. Not that I have ever heard of that being an issue but...

Start with basics, air light water

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

My money is on water flow. Are they fed individually or flood to drain?

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

I dont think its environment or overwatering. Ive been dealing with this in my beds as well. I feel its solely dependent on the mother plant and picking the cream of the crop of your most vigorous cuttings and ensuring smooth transition from veg to flower(no shock). Also look for any variation in leaf growth and see if there is difference between the bad one vs the good on. Also one runt out of a group isnt all the bad in my opinion.

Top Bottom