Clones Help

• Thread starter narleyharley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

narleyharley

So, I'm growing with compos. And teas.... But I just now started my new grow since moving to CO. I got some cashmere, blue dream, and hash plant.
my friend gave me. these clones and he's using the biodam or den whatever it is... So, anyways... I'm pretty sure they were salty and over watered. One of the clones has only 3 fingered leaves on it. Now, I'm guessing the mother he got that from went into flower shortly then back into veg.

If this occurs and clones are taken before the regular leaves come back, does it stunt growth due to it taking ~6 weeks to get full into veg again (regular fingered leaves),,does this make the clone a not good one?

Btw, day 8 and nubs have started. cloning with raw honey and distilled water. Just the clones in cups under a 17 watt CFL about 2 feet above it.

Now, looking at these clones and because they weren't starTed organic, should I toss half the clones and start others from seed? Cuz I want to keep the healthy looking clones...

Clones help
OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

if you got seed stock or access to more cuts then for sure I would say toss anything that don't pull up for you. I always take extra and either gift or trash out slow lil runts. yes to me it does sound like a re veg cut but it could just be a leaf deformity as well does not mean the cuts no good but she may need a lil more time to come back to a full vegative state.

N

narleyharley

Ah ok, well since I'm using distilled water and honey it's going to take longer then normal. I also heard of using mineral water diluted for the clones.. But yeah all the leaves on the clone are 3 fingered while the other clones from the bottom of the plant were 5 fingered. For cashmere I believe. I would take a picture but the lights off for a fee hours.
if you got seed stock or access to more cuts then for sure I would say toss anything that don't pull up for you. I always take extra and either gift or trash out slow lil runts. yes to me it does sound like a re veg cut but it could just be a leaf deformity as well does not mean the cuts no good but she may need a lil more time to come back to a full vegative state.

E

eighty9concr

Imo I would toss any plants that are not healthy, its a lot faster and you will have better results working with healthy plants vs trying to nurse a plant along the way. Some genetics will throw 3 leaves out in the beginning, but once adjusted to their new home and are under ideal conditions, they will throw the normal 5-7 leaf pattern. Its when they keep throwing 3 or odd numbers like 1,2,or 4 that you should be worried

N

narleyharley

These 3 clones were taken from the same plant.... Cashmere.

1431586228931 1674814791
E

eighty9concr

They are definitely really yellow. I don't know if the mother is like that or not but somethings up for sure. They look like they could be ok though. I would let them root, put them in a small pot/solo cup and see if they snap out of it before tossing them.

N

narleyharley

I'm tossing the last one... But the mothers were grown in biodens or whatever they are and I could tell he was overwatering them and using too much chelating salts, you can tell by the last pic that they Are salty. I think I'm going to keep one of each and drop seeds... Maybe get a malE and make something :rolleyes:

But yeah, I think im a toss that one.

N

narleyharley

Lesson learned though, only get clones from your own plants..... Or start from seed. Lol

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

They do look a lil rough but I'm seeing 3 bladed leafs on the cashmere and the blue dream I wouldt really worrie about the leaflets too much buddy just try and green em up and bring em back they don't pull up then pull em out.

N

narleyharley

Gotch ya, well im a do that... I want to keep the blue dream and cashmere but I want medicine man seeds aka white rhino

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Your looking in the right direction for seed stock bro med man's got fire wall to wall celing to the floors bro he takes his time and sets goals when breeding he don't just reverse other ppls gear and sell watered down genetics. BOG is another highly recommended breeder IMHO there is not a whole lot of honest breeders left today more ppl in it for the paper rather then end product.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
They are not salty. They are hungry. You've taken/gotten cuts from plants that were being fed , and now they are starving. Your honey is not enough. Research a more conventional cloning method or technique and you will have success. Best of luck.
Peace

S

slap14

Just an opinion it looks by the leaf and stem color that the mother wasn't in the best shape when the clones were taken. I've seen this from mothers kept in to small of a container too long or she had some lockout issue. In my experience they may or may not shoot roots and if they do it will take three or more weeks.

Good luck Narley

Slap

Top Bottom