Clones: How Quick Do Your Cuts Show Roots?

• Thread starter cc503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cc503

cc503

So with my diy aeroponic cloner at just about ten days the first ones start showing roots and about fourteen till when the majority show and i transplant, when ive tried rockwool it takes longer even 16 17 days before my clones root... is this the same with other people or is this way too long??

Bannacis

Bannacis

usually about 7-10 days. do you use a dome? if so remove it after a couple days. high humidity where your leaves are will keep plant alive, but will slow down root development.

Azhden

Azhden

5 - 12 days for me, when I take them and am able to keep them in a constant temp room, they show roots (out of the rockwool cube) in as little as 5 days. But in winter I have temp fluctuations and they usually take around 10 - 12 days now.

I don't use a dome personally, with 5 - 25% room/house humidity and 60 - 80 degrees F are my "clone conditions".

420circuit

420circuit

With the aero cloner that I built from StinkBud's plans it takes about a week for roots to show and at 10 days they usually are ready. I dip the cuttings into Clonex gel and use a razor blade to split them about 1/2" up from the bottom and scrape a strip of 'skin' off the bottom inch. Just tap water and a little Clonex liquid goes in this unit, under a couple 2' T-5s. I think people get into trouble when they add too much stuff to the water, it needs to have no nutes at all is the advice that was given to me and that has resulted in nearly 100% success with cuts. Some strains are slow, like that Charlotte's Web/R-4/R-14er cutting takes about 2 weeks, but the Blue Dream was just 6 days. I change the water after about 3 weeks or if there is any smell and run the pump 1 minute on, 4 minutes off. Cloner and seed starting cups Aerocloner II

H

happy b

It depends . Some strains are rooted in a week some can take two sometimes more.

The Terps

The Terps

I had roots pop in my ez cloner in 4 days about 6 months ago with Rx life with the forum cut I was so surprised. The Chemdog #4 I took just took 9 days same exact technique only change was the collars my were old.

J

jinxjj

Now that I got things under control with my ez clone getting roots in about a week or two. A few things I have learned with the ez clone are 1) flush it with bleach water for a day, then with plain water a couple times. Something in the pump will keep jacking your pH up daily if you don't flush it when you first buy it. 2) keep water around 77 to 80 degrees, small aquarium heater works wonders. 3) put in JUST enough water to cover the pump, I was putting in way too much water and having terrible results. 4) put in fresh water every week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom