clones in bubbler/ transfer to net pots in dwc

• Thread starter bckushinator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bckushinator

hey was just wondering this is my first time doing a dwc . i am now cloning 5 clones in a homemade bubbler right now, after the branches start to show roots do i just transfer them to the net pots without any rockwool just kinda put the hydroton around it or do i cut a slit stick the stem in and them fill in wit hydrton...new to the whole dwc ..please some help woul dbe awsome

nebulius

nebulius

transfer them with the rockwool, that will help keep roots moist until roots grow down into the solution. u may have to hand water until roots grow long enough to be submerged into the solution.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Your are going to need to make sure the net pot you clone with will fit into your DWC system. Once you get good roots showing in the cloner, you will not be able to transfer into rockwool, just a FYI.

If your going into a DWC system, it would be ideal to clone in the same net pot, so after you see roots, you can just pop them right into the DWC without ANY stress at all.

There are several ways to go about it, but the less transferring you do the better.

B

bckushinator

SLIME SLIME SLIMEEEEEEE o nooooo

thanks for the help....ive figured a nice way to put the rooted cloned safely into the netpots an filled with hydroton, now my problem is SLIME SLIME SLIME SLIME algae whatever..i just cannot seem to keep it away ..i use RO water with H202 clean every 3 days and still cannot keep away this snotty slime.........Who keeps saying DWC is easy well its not unless you can keep that slime out . ive tried 3 differnt size containers experimenting like crazy but get the slime everytime...,....could it be beacuse the clones i use were off of a not so healthy plant (lil bit ph problems) the roots keep growing but eventually die soon as they hit water .....i eveen lifted the plants so the roots only get splashed by water and same happens??????please help

S

sk2004

Hygrozyme helped my slimy dwc roots, especially when water temps go up. Algae or green roots usually mean light is getting in. Also, lack of oxygen can cause root slime, so if water isn't boiling, need to crank up the air.

R

RustyShakleford

Light is getting to your water and/or water temps are too high.

G

genEric

My battle with slime ended when I began to run a live vs. sterile (w/H2O2) res.

In my llimited interaction with other growers it seems that every time I hear about slime H2O2 enters into the equation.

If you've got your heart set on runing a sterile res by all means try the Hygrozyme. I've read of it eliminating slime but I had no luck.

I run a cool light-proof well-aerated res and keep it innoculated with bennies aka Great White and my res is clean, clear, lasts 1-2 weeks longer between changes, and my roots never looked better (amazingly better in fact) and, subsequently, the plants up top.

I'll never go back to a sterile res if I can help it.

Good luck!

-genEric

C

crossouttheiis

have you looked at the tea a lot of people are using now to get rid of the slime?

aquashield
zho
EWC

brewed in a tea, hydrozyme in my system was really shitty.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Crossouttheiis is right... Try the tea... Just do a search for EWC Tea... There are a few people talking about it on the Undercurrent forums here... I am using it right now and it is the only thing that has even remotely kept the slime at bay in my RDWC system...

Good Luck,
MonsterRobot

Top Bottom