Clones leaves twisting. Need help please

• Thread starter brethehitman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brethehitman

brethehitman

Please help save my babies!

I just received a plant from a friend that looked like it had some thrip damage, but nothing to serious. I got it home and chopped it down to about 15 clones in root riot cubes with some rooting gel and saved the mother. I then dipped each clone in Monterey horticultural oil and put them in a dome. I have been keeping the humidity levels pretty high and the temp right around 72F. I have been spraying the inside of the dome a couple times a day. On day two I noticed some of the leaves were starting to twist and grow funny, then by day 4 all of them were basically twisting or doing something weird.

They are under a 600w LED and an additional LED bar light. (i have a bunch of seeds and the remainder of the mother plant in the tent also) and they are getting 18 hours of light a day. I am not sure what is going on so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have never had an issue cloning, so I am a little lost here. I use root-riot starter plugs and just some water and rooting gel. I think it might be one of the four following issues;

Broad Mites- There is some similarities in the damage that comes from broad mites, but I don't think it is broad mites because the mother is doing perfectly fine and there is no other sign of them anywhere. Additionally the leaves don't have that glossy look that broad mites usually do. Thoughts on this?

Tobacco Moasic Virus- I am hoping it is not TMV (i do smoke blunts, a lot, so i'm not sure if my plants can get TMV from my hands after smoking a blunt?) i don't see any changes in the colors of the leaves, but it could be early stages of TMV maybe? If this is the issue is my only option to toss the plants?

PH issue- or is the ph of the water way off? I tested my tap water and its at about a 6.7ph naturally. I didn't do anything to the water I put the cubes in. Just soaked them and then squeezed the excess moisture out. The cubes are holding a nice moisture and they are not sitting in water. They did not receive any food just the water in the cube and rooting gel. Thoughts??

Lighting Issue- could it also be from too much light? The 600w LED is about 15 inches above the dome and its mainly on the blue spectrum. ( I want the seeds to have a lot of light so I added a cheap LED bar light also which is also about 15 inches above the domes) There is not much change in the color of the leaves so I am not sure this is the cause.

The attached pictures show the healthy seedlings, the sick clones and then the remainder of the mother which looks pretty healthy.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Clones leaves twisting need help please
Clones leaves twisting need help please 2
Clones leaves twisting need help please 3
Clones leaves twisting need help please 4
Clones leaves twisting need help please 5
Clones leaves twisting need help please 6
NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

I'm no expert but I just cut 8 clones 2 weeks ago I just made sure to spray the inside of my 10 gallon aquarium tank and leaves daily if it drys up put my small direct TV cable box under the tank for some heat first time I've cloned all 8 are grown pretty good now 😊

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

I agree with beachwalker spray the leaves a bit and the dome u should get some to root if I can u can and I'm dumb as a rock🤦‍♂️😊

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

I could also see this possibly being broad mites. The cubes do look dry though too.

brethehitman

brethehitman

I think the issue was that I did a drench of the clones right after I cut them and then I put them directly under the LED light on full blast not thinking and completely burnt them. They weren't dry and they don't have any bugs. I was just a dumb ass and killed them. Thank god for seeds and I saved the mother. Thanks for all your help thought!

brethehitman

brethehitman

Too dry and prob the oil drench being under a led that close
I think you're 100% right. I wasn't thinking and put them right under the light after the drench. Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom