Clones - Need Diagnoses

• Thread starter DWCgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DWCgrower

DWCgrower

I am trying to clone a new strain. I am using an OXY CLONE system (http://www.oxyclone.com)

The clones been in the system for about a week and started to root. The leafs are mostly yellow. I think its because of too much light but even after i turned half off it off it's still getting yellow.

Light Schedule: 24hr

Please look at the attached pictures and tell me how to fix it to make my little ones healthyer looking

Thank You

Clones   need diagnoses
Clones   need diagnoses 2
Clones   need diagnoses 3

H

happy b

Looks like they just need a little N dwc grower.i use a diy bubble cloner which is almost the same as the cloners with the spray nozzles.on most strains the leaves will start to yellow when the start to grow roots.dont worry its natural.i usually just let em go and then if im putting em into soil after a week or so the new growth comes through nice and green.however if you really want em to stay green use formulex wen they start growing the small root nubs.once the cuttings have a decent amount of roots(half inch or more)you can give em a VERY SMALL dose of grow nutrient at around ph 5.5.start really low maybe less than a quarter strength solution.and slowly build up as you see your new leaf growth is healthy.in the pictures above most of the roots look as if they could handle some nutrients.they could be doing with some N which is why they turn yellow.but relax they,ll be fine,just dont leave em in the cloner to long .some look as though they could be transplanted in a day or two.good luck.

aucado54

aucado54

I am far from an expert on such things.
My understanding is the same as "happy b".
Generally (though not always) that icteric (fancy way of saying yellow) in a plant is N (nitrogen) related. I might suggest as you add the N you do so gradually.... perhaps start with 1/3rd the suggested concentration to avoid problems.

thanks for your question. As you know there are may well informed folks here.

RalloD.Eno

RalloD.Eno

have you tried feeding them yet? plants will need food to grow after the roots have shown.

H

happy b

As long as the soil theyr going into has a decent amount of N available in it then your plants will start greening up nicely after a week or two.thats what i usually do.i dont feed em until they start to fade again which usually takes about 3/4 weeks in canna pro plus..

DWCgrower

DWCgrower

Let me ask another question: If you buy a clone that is sitting in coco or dirt and then transplant it to Deep Water Culture or Under Current to be specific, does the clone adapt pretty easy or is there a problem?

I think in my last cycle when I took it from dirt and put it in the UC my plant were not too happy and were in shock and stunned its growth (or maybe i am wrong)

thoughts please ???????

aucado54

aucado54

AGAIN NOT an expert:
Transplanting can be a bit tricky, especially when changing mediums >> soil to hydro etc. The challenge initially is to not disturb the "root-ball". There are a variety of methods one can employ to "bare-root" planting {sic: changing mediums} I seem to have had the greatest success by taking the entire root mass (soil and all) and placing it in a bucket with several inches of water and ever so gently "slosh" the water a bit allowing the water to remove the dirt/coco/vermiculite from the root ball.
In all likelihood you won't be able to be rid of all the old medium. This usually isn't a problem in a well maintained hydro system.
Hope this is of some help.

RalloD.Eno

RalloD.Eno

tthe roots on a hydro plant are different from a soil plant. soil plants dedicate a lot of their roots to sucking up air, in hydro most of the roots are dedicated to sucking water. when going from one to the other there will be a time of transition as it adapts.

Top Bottom