Clones: New growth bright/lime green and stunted after transplant

• Thread starter sweetgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetgreen

Ok my rooted clones that I transplanted into 16oz cups are looking bad. The new growth seems small/stunted and is bright lime green, and some yellow.

Clones were rooted in Root Riots, then transplanted into "Professional Potting Soil" with more perlite I added, then I watered with a light dose of Clonex Rooting Solution with an EC of around 0.5ec(250-350ppm) and a pH of around 5.8

I figured since the roots were only poking out a bit, that it was still considered "soil-less" hence the pH of 5.8 when I watered after transplanting into the soil. Should it have been more around 6.8?

Just trying to figure out what is going wrong?

Any suggestions?

Texadatimewarp 001 large
Img 0740 large
Texadatimewarp 002 large
Texadatimewarp 003 large
phenotyper

phenotyper

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a nutrient lockout due to overferting the young ladies. If you watered at 350ppm and the soil was fresh, you could be more in the ballpark of 5-700ppms(guessing) depending on the soil strength. What was the runoff PPM?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
ph stress and over fert.?

IMO looks like ph stress and nute burn from what you said potting mix pro had fert in it for a month or two of veg growth you added fert on top of that so you got nute burn maybe........ I would flush clones (with 6.5 ph distilled water ) wait a day note results if you fert only low PPM enhancers for like three weeks and then you should be able to fert as long as you have good foliage growth
:harvest:

T

treehugger

IMO looks like ph stress and nute burn from what you said potting mix pro had fert in it for a month or two of veg growth you added fert on top of that so you got nute burn maybe........
:harvest:

That's what i think, but it's not extreme enough to warrant soaking weak roots. Wait until they need water, and then water with 6.8 to compensate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom